Friday, February 17, 2006

Warm and Windy Friday

Because it was so nice outside yesterday, I went a little overboard. I ran five miles, biked 17 miles in the afternoon and did a spin class for an hour. My quads were on fire during some of the drills. This morning I swam a mile, did weight training for my legs and I'll bike again this afternoon for two hours with friends. It's very windy here today, my friends that I'm riding with today better be willing to pull me up some hills after doing squats this morning!
Tomorrow I should probably rest, I haven't had a day off this week. I have the hardest time taking a day off, it makes me feel so lazy and grumpy. The days that I am supposed to take off, my husband will tell me to go run because I'll come home in a better mood. Maybe if I could find a good yoga or stretching video I would at least feel like I did something on my days off. My hair is getting pretty crunchy from swimming 4 times a week. I think I need to invest in a swim cap. Even when I wash and condition my hair right after swimming, it still feels dry. Doesn't water get into the swim cap though? Any helpful hints about saving your hair when training in a pool?
I just feel pretty crabby today. When I swam this morning, my swimming friend was able to keep up with me on some of the drills. I am happy that she is getting faster, I really am. I can be a competitive little wench though, why was I slower? I want to get faster too. I feel like I'm stuck. My 50 yard sprints are stuck at 37 seconds, 100 sprints are 1:20. Then, I made the mistake of getting on the scale after swimming. I know I shouldn't do it. I should be looking at my body fat instead. So, I have gained 4 pounds in a month. I'm not going to tell my weight because then you'll think "skinny little bitch stop complaining!" I don't feel like my clothes are tighter. I have been swimming and weight lifting more lately, I think running keeps my weight down more. Guess I better back off the goat's milk ice cream. I'm hungry a lot though.
I think I'll treat myself to a new bathing suit today, I saw some really cute ones at Splish. I bought a red, white and blue Saucony suit last week and unfortunately you can see my nips when the suit gets moved to the white area. I'm always trying to adjust it, it annoys and embarrasses me. So, my friends sometimes call me "milk" because I make goats milk soap. (usually I'm called goat girl) I was wearing my new Saucony suit and they called out "hey milk" then looked at my see through suit. I wish I had mammaries that looked like I was lactating, I guess I only produce skim.

5 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger Sixteen Chickens said...

A swimcap will protect your hair. Yes, some water will leak in around the edges, but it's nothing like letting your hair take a complete chlorine bath for however long you're in the pool. I'd also recommend a good leave in conditioner. I use Tigi Bed Head Ego Boost, here's a link
http://www.stuff4beauty.com/page/tigi-bed-head-ego-boost-leave-in-conditioner.html
It's a bit expensive but a little goes a long way.

Too bad about the white suit, I learned my lesson with that the hard way. Welcome to the itty bitty titty club, I'm a life long member. Who wants to carry around all that silicone/plastic anyway? ;)

I'm sure the 4lbs is solid muscle and has nothing to do with ice-cream. :)

 
At 2:49 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

nike air max, kate spade outlet online, longchamp outlet online, tory burch outlet online, louis vuitton, christian louboutin, polo ralph lauren, ray ban outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, true religion, louis vuitton outlet online, kate spade outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, chanel handbags, christian louboutin outlet, tiffany and co jewelry, red bottom shoes, christian louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany jewelry, oakley sunglasses, true religion outlet, prada handbags, longchamp outlet, burberry outlet online, nike outlet, michael kors handbags, coach outlet, oakley vault, gucci handbags, nike free, longchamp handbags, coach outlet store online, prada outlet, louis vuitton handbags, burberry outlet online, coach outlet, michael kors outlet store, nike air max, michael kors outlet online, cheap oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet online, jordan shoes

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses wholesale, longchamp outlet, chanel handbags, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin, nike roshe, sac longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton, jordan pas cher, tiffany and co, christian louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, kate spade outlet, longchamp outlet, uggs on sale, gucci handbags, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, nike outlet, nike air max, polo outlet, nike free run, louboutin pas cher, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, air max, michael kors pas cher, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton outlet, nike free, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, burberry pas cher, cheap oakley sunglasses, longchamp pas cher, ugg boots, nike air max, polo ralph lauren, polo ralph lauren outlet online, oakley sunglasses

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

uggs outlet, vans pas cher, michael kors outlet online, coach purses, nike tn, abercrombie and fitch uk, burberry handbags, michael kors outlet, coach outlet store online, true religion outlet, uggs outlet, ray ban pas cher, hogan outlet, oakley pas cher, north face, michael kors, burberry outlet, michael kors, hollister uk, michael kors outlet online, true religion jeans, polo lacoste, ralph lauren uk, nike air force, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, sac hermes, michael kors outlet online, nike roshe run uk, converse pas cher, nike free uk, sac vanessa bruno, nike air max uk, michael kors outlet online, lululemon canada, kate spade, guess pas cher, mulberry uk, coach outlet, replica handbags, nike blazer pas cher, true religion outlet, timberland pas cher, nike air max, true religion outlet, hollister pas cher, ray ban uk, north face uk

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, vans, wedding dresses, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, ugg uk, louis vuitton, moncler, karen millen uk, canada goose outlet, hollister, gucci, moncler, supra shoes, nike air max, moncler, toms shoes, lancel, ugg, marc jacobs, thomas sabo, barbour, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, louis vuitton, links of london, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, barbour uk, pandora uk, pandora jewelry, montre pas cher, coach outlet, moncler outlet, canada goose outlet, ray ban, louis vuitton, moncler, doudoune moncler, canada goose, swarovski crystal, juicy couture outlet, converse outlet, replica watches, swarovski, moncler uk, ugg pas cher, hollister, canada goose jackets, canada goose uk, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, canada goose, canada goose

 

Post a Comment

<< Home