Thursday, February 16, 2006

A Week of New "Firsts"

Well, this a my "first" blogging experience. I have loved reading other triathletes blogs, they encourage and inspire me. The first blog that got me hooked was Iron Will at http://www.throughth3wall.com/

Another first, I got a brand new bike this week! For Valentine's Day my husband bought me a Lightspeed Vela road bike, it's fire engine red. I couldn't have asked for a better present from my number one supporter! I used to think people that paid over $100.00 for a bike were crazy. I guess I'm certifiable now.

Since I was dying to try out my new bike, I went on my first bike ride alone. Call me a wussy but since I started riding a road bike in November of 2005, I have always gone on group rides. I felt there was safety in numbers. I was just learning to ride wearing clips too. See, we live in the country and people don't contain their dogs. The worst are the herding dogs that want to get in front of the bike. Last year, a guy in the group broke his shoulder when a dog knocked him off the bike. This has been my biggest fear, a dog causing me to break a limb. Yesterday, I overcame my fears and rode for 1:30 alone. I'm still alive and have no broken bones. I love my new bike too, the ride is so much smoother.

I made my first batch of goat's milk ice cream this week. I'm getting over two gallons of milk from "Happy" and "Maple" everyday. I don't need that much for making soap so I have been cooking a lot. Quiche(from the chicken eggs), goat's milk tapioca pudding, goat's milk potato soup but the ice cream is killer! I swear, I could make a million bucks selling this stuff, people will pay for food. My first batch was plain vanilla, the second was coconut(goat's milk, coconut milk, toasted coconut and shaved chocolate) It tastes like a Mounds bar. Yes, I actually shaved Hershey's chocolate bars with a cheese grater and almost gave myself carpal tunnel syndrome. Every night I eat that ice cream it's all worth it!

The first signs of spring are appearing at the farm. The hens are starting to lay lots of eggs(the first batch of hatching eggs are going into the incubator tonight), I see the first blooms on the trees, the goats are kidding and the songbirds are singing. Peabo is starting to fan his beautiful train for the peahen. It is truly an impressive sight. Every time he displays his tail feathers, I am humbled and in awe. Nature is truly amazing, I am thankful to be alive and witness the beauty.

Today is a beautiful day, it's going to be in the upper 60's. I'm going to throw on some shorts and run 5 miles. This afternoon I will ride my bike for 90 min. (I don't know how to make a training log yet)

7 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Blogger Sixteen Chickens said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Mojo! Congrats on the new bike, sweet! Those eggs are beautiful, no need to even dye them for easter. I'm so glad it's spring somewhere! :) Lovely!

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Oldman said...

congratson the bike and the goats milk ice cream.... hummmm goats milk ice cream?

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Nice photos! Welcome to blogland. So, goat's milk ice cream...that is a new product...and I'm assuming much healthier, too?

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger :) said...

Hey...where are the pics of the new bike???

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses wholesale, longchamp outlet, chanel handbags, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin, nike roshe, sac longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton, jordan pas cher, tiffany and co, christian louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, kate spade outlet, longchamp outlet, uggs on sale, gucci handbags, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, nike outlet, nike air max, polo outlet, nike free run, louboutin pas cher, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, air max, michael kors pas cher, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton outlet, nike free, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, burberry pas cher, cheap oakley sunglasses, longchamp pas cher, ugg boots, nike air max, polo ralph lauren, polo ralph lauren outlet online, oakley sunglasses

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

uggs outlet, vans pas cher, michael kors outlet online, coach purses, nike tn, abercrombie and fitch uk, burberry handbags, michael kors outlet, coach outlet store online, true religion outlet, uggs outlet, ray ban pas cher, hogan outlet, oakley pas cher, north face, michael kors, burberry outlet, michael kors, hollister uk, michael kors outlet online, true religion jeans, polo lacoste, ralph lauren uk, nike air force, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, sac hermes, michael kors outlet online, nike roshe run uk, converse pas cher, nike free uk, sac vanessa bruno, nike air max uk, michael kors outlet online, lululemon canada, kate spade, guess pas cher, mulberry uk, coach outlet, replica handbags, nike blazer pas cher, true religion outlet, timberland pas cher, nike air max, true religion outlet, hollister pas cher, ray ban uk, north face uk

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, vans, wedding dresses, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, ugg uk, louis vuitton, moncler, karen millen uk, canada goose outlet, hollister, gucci, moncler, supra shoes, nike air max, moncler, toms shoes, lancel, ugg, marc jacobs, thomas sabo, barbour, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, louis vuitton, links of london, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, barbour uk, pandora uk, pandora jewelry, montre pas cher, coach outlet, moncler outlet, canada goose outlet, ray ban, louis vuitton, moncler, doudoune moncler, canada goose, swarovski crystal, juicy couture outlet, converse outlet, replica watches, swarovski, moncler uk, ugg pas cher, hollister, canada goose jackets, canada goose uk, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, canada goose, canada goose

 

Post a Comment

<< Home