Monday, February 20, 2006

Weekend of Doubts

I did no training this weekend, nada, zipola. I honestly felt like crap. I was so tired but I couldn't sleep, I didn't have an appetite, it was a struggle to communicate with people, even milking the goats was a challenge. I started thinking negative thoughts, like I'll never be able to finish the Half Ironman. I just think I over did it last week between the cardio and weight training, I'm PMSing too. Do other women feel like their training suffers when pmsing?

My husband was great this weekend, helping me with the farm chores and fixing meals. I must have looked tired. I did feel better this morning and went for my 6am swim then weight trained my bi's, tri's and abs. I realized this weekend more training isn't always better. I have a 12 week training schedule that Charlie Storm http://www.fittobetriedbikes.com/ made for the Half Ironman race. Have I been following it? Well, sort of... but I like to add on more. I realized after my break down this weekend that if I don't follow a schedule, I may break down during the race and not finish. I would be devastated if I didn't finish. My reason for doing this Half is because I had Hodgkin's Lymphoma when I was 18-19 . After 16 chemo treatments, the doctors said I wouldn't be able to do endurance events due to heart and lung damage. Well, I am going to prove them wrong. I've got to stop being my own worst enemy though and swallow my pride so I can listen to others. " Many receive advice, only the wise profit from it. "

The weather has changed drastically from warm and windy Friday. It's gray and dreary outside. I'm going to experiment on making homemade energy bars and green pea soup. My stepson is home for the long weekend from the Marines, I enjoy cooking for the family. He rented a movie called Saw 2 last night. I was trying to have a recovery weekend and that movie was making my heart race, I could feel it. I lasted only a few min. then I decided I'd rather be calm and try to sleep. Glad I didn't have any nightmares!

5 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger Sixteen Chickens said...

Hmmm I don't think my training suffers with PMS, but then neither does my eating, bwahahaha! I too suffer from not being able to stick to a training schedule, what are we going to do with each other? Sounds like you had a good restful weekend. Here's to getting back on schedule this week. :)

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses wholesale, longchamp outlet, chanel handbags, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin, nike roshe, sac longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton, jordan pas cher, tiffany and co, christian louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, kate spade outlet, longchamp outlet, uggs on sale, gucci handbags, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, nike outlet, nike air max, polo outlet, nike free run, louboutin pas cher, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, air max, michael kors pas cher, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton outlet, nike free, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, burberry pas cher, cheap oakley sunglasses, longchamp pas cher, ugg boots, nike air max, polo ralph lauren, polo ralph lauren outlet online, oakley sunglasses

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

uggs outlet, vans pas cher, michael kors outlet online, coach purses, nike tn, abercrombie and fitch uk, burberry handbags, michael kors outlet, coach outlet store online, true religion outlet, uggs outlet, ray ban pas cher, hogan outlet, oakley pas cher, north face, michael kors, burberry outlet, michael kors, hollister uk, michael kors outlet online, true religion jeans, polo lacoste, ralph lauren uk, nike air force, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, sac hermes, michael kors outlet online, nike roshe run uk, converse pas cher, nike free uk, sac vanessa bruno, nike air max uk, michael kors outlet online, lululemon canada, kate spade, guess pas cher, mulberry uk, coach outlet, replica handbags, nike blazer pas cher, true religion outlet, timberland pas cher, nike air max, true religion outlet, hollister pas cher, ray ban uk, north face uk

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, vans, wedding dresses, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, ugg uk, louis vuitton, moncler, karen millen uk, canada goose outlet, hollister, gucci, moncler, supra shoes, nike air max, moncler, toms shoes, lancel, ugg, marc jacobs, thomas sabo, barbour, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, louis vuitton, links of london, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, barbour uk, pandora uk, pandora jewelry, montre pas cher, coach outlet, moncler outlet, canada goose outlet, ray ban, louis vuitton, moncler, doudoune moncler, canada goose, swarovski crystal, juicy couture outlet, converse outlet, replica watches, swarovski, moncler uk, ugg pas cher, hollister, canada goose jackets, canada goose uk, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, canada goose, canada goose

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

cheap basketball shoes
nike huarache
cheap jordan shoes
arizona cardinals jerseys
new york jets jerseys
adidas nmd r1
ray bans
ferragamo shoes
fitflops
michael kors outlet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home