Thursday, March 02, 2006

First Sprint in a Week, Sounds "Scarwy"

The last time my 2 yro nephew visited, my Mom said she offered him shrimp with the shells still on for dinner. Wilson looked at her like a cannibal, "Eat that? No way it's scarwy!" If you think about it, unshelled shrimp is pretty scary looking. All those little legs and the sharp tail, weird things we eat.

My very first sprint is on March 11th. I know I can finish but I'm worried about others' expectations. I feel like people think I'll do really well and I'm afraid I'll disappoint them. The other night in bed, my husband was rubbing my back and I was just about asleep. Then he asked out of the blue "Are you getting excited about the race? I'm excited and I'm not even the one racing!" Nothing like going from an almost peaceful slumber to wide awake in five seconds. Thanks a lot hun for snapping me out of la-la-land real quick. I couldn't fall back asleep because I was stressing about my first tri race. It's gonna be "scawry"

I have entered all races this season as a novice, with the hope of people will help me. I'm worried about transitions. I'm worried about what to wear. I'm worried I'll go too hard early in the sprint and burn out during the run. I'm worried I'll get lost. I honestly just want to get it over with so I'll understand what triathlons are all about. The next one will be more fun because I'll be more comfortable. I remember when I was on swim team, I hated the pre-race feeling. Waiting on the bench for my race, I'd get these horrible butterflies in my stomach. I was so nervous and I didn't want to talk because my mind was too busy chattering. Once I dove off the block, it all disappeared. I thought of nothing but swimming my heart out. I could only hear cheering when my head would pop out of the water for a breath. All my worries were gone and before I knew it the race was finished.

I am always looking outside myself for strength and confidence but it comes from within. It is there all the time. Anna Freud

6 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger Sixteen Chickens said...

I am a big worrier too. If you find a way to get over that let me know huh? Oh wait, Jack Daniels does help sometimes. :)

I'm sure you will do great in the sprint and I can't wait to read your race report! Good luck, have fun, don't take yourself too seriously!

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Saturday, Nov 5th, 2005. My first blog entry about my first (sprint) tri race. I was sooooo nervous. It was sooooo much fun. It hooked me! I was worried about what to wear, falling off my bike, getting DQ'ed for drafting, causing a major bike pile up accident trying to pass people. Not being able to pass people. Taking a wrong turn, etc etc. Once I got into the water ans started swimming, my nerves were much better. I was starting to have fun. Once I got out of T1 and got on my bike, I was really having fun and enjoying myself. Once I got into T2...that was it, I was hooked. HAVE A BLAST. Believe me, when you just finish it, anyway you do, you won;t be letting anyone down. HAVE FUN. Can't wait to hear about it.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Nancy Toby said...

Good luck and have a blast! Don't forget to do a few dress rehearsals of your transitions - it feels kind of stupid, but it really helped me with confidence and thinking straight when I was in a hurry.

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses wholesale, longchamp outlet, chanel handbags, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin, nike roshe, sac longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton, jordan pas cher, tiffany and co, christian louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, kate spade outlet, longchamp outlet, uggs on sale, gucci handbags, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, nike outlet, nike air max, polo outlet, nike free run, louboutin pas cher, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, air max, michael kors pas cher, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton outlet, nike free, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, burberry pas cher, cheap oakley sunglasses, longchamp pas cher, ugg boots, nike air max, polo ralph lauren, polo ralph lauren outlet online, oakley sunglasses

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, vans, wedding dresses, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, ugg uk, louis vuitton, moncler, karen millen uk, canada goose outlet, hollister, gucci, moncler, supra shoes, nike air max, moncler, toms shoes, lancel, ugg, marc jacobs, thomas sabo, barbour, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, louis vuitton, links of london, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, barbour uk, pandora uk, pandora jewelry, montre pas cher, coach outlet, moncler outlet, canada goose outlet, ray ban, louis vuitton, moncler, doudoune moncler, canada goose, swarovski crystal, juicy couture outlet, converse outlet, replica watches, swarovski, moncler uk, ugg pas cher, hollister, canada goose jackets, canada goose uk, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, canada goose, canada goose

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This site truly has all the information and facts I needed concerning this subject and didn’t know who to ask
http://mchaabaty.com/pictures/
http://mchaabaty.com/luxurious/
http://mchaabaty.com/red-bricks/
https://decor-ksa.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home