Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Give and You Shall Receive

My Mom has always told me that my greatest quality is my willingness to give to others. She said I never had a problem with sharing when I was little. She likes to say I'd give someone the shirt off my back. My response is "If I had my jog bra on."

It makes me feel good to give. Sometimes, my husband gets frustrated with me because I'll give soap, lotion, lip balm, bath bombs and eggs away which should be sold. So, I'll never be wealthy but my heart is rich. I really believe this quote by Madeline Bridges, "Give to the world the best you have and the best will come back to you."

I brought some eggs with me to the gym. I see this lady swim every morning and speak in the locker room when she is getting ready for work. She is from Spain, has a 2yro daughter and works full time. I used to live in Madrid and loved Paella and Spanish omelets. I told her I was proud of her for working so hard and gave her a dozen eggs. This morning she wanted to know if I'd be swimming on Friday because she was going bring me breakfast, a Spanish omelet!

I met another woman in the weight room. She's training for the Boston marathon and her husband is in Iraq. She wants to do a Tri after Boston but doesn't know how to swim. I told her I'd help her with swimming. I brought her some eggs too, good protein after lifting. I have wanted to try the Clif bloks(gummy type thingies) for a long time. We live in a small town and I never can find them. Guess what Runner Girl brought me today? Clif Bloks, Gu and Cytomax recovery drink. She didn't even know I wanted to try them. I believe in Karma!

Speaking of Karma, I almost died yesterday. I was riding to the bike shop and had to cross US 1. It's a real busy highway that I have never crossed alone. Guess what almost ran over me? A freaking Purdue Semi Truck stuffed full of chickens. Talk about poetic justice, me getting hit by a chicken truck. It's pay back for all the little roosters I have killed. The rooster God was trying to strike down on me!

I have some goslings hatching. Farming can be heartbreaking at times. Not every animal born is perfect and healthy. Two goslings have hatched so far, one was having a hard time hatching. If I didn't help it out, then it would die. The reason it was having problems hatching is because its feet are deformed. It still has some egg shell membrane stuck around its head but I don't want to get the little thing too wet and cold trying to pick it off. Hopefully, his legs will straighten out as it gets stronger, it's sibling is cute, fluffy and full of life. Most farmers would cull this little goose because it takes extra time to care for, I have to help it eat and drink until its legs are stronger. I can't kill it though, it's fighting so hard to stay alive. That's all that counts in my book, trying.

9 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger Nancy Toby said...

You make bath bombs? Oooh oooh oooh, do you sell online? YOu might have a new customer here!!!!

Stay away from Route 1! Also stay away from Perdue trucks!! (We see a lot of those trucks around here - I met Old Frank one time long ago....)

I used to live off Rt. 1 in NH long ago....

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Nancy Toby said...

Good luck to the baby goose, too! I'd try to keep it alive too - you just never know, they surprise you sometimes!

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Jill said...

I hope the gosling gets better! Poor baby!!

Thanks for the "15 minutes" suggestion. I am sure it will help me in my attempts to get to the gym!

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Robin said...

MoJo: you need to sell your stuff on line!!!! From reading your posts, the only two things close to you, I THINK, in terms of lotions, soaps, bath bombs, etc would be: (1) www.lush.com and (2) www.indigowild.com BOTH ARE FABULOUS! YOURS WOULD BE BETTER! I have been menaing to mention this & I always forget. This post of yours, plus Nancy's comment reminded me.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Cycling Under The Influence said...

In my younger days, when I had even less sense than I do know, I rode my bike down US 1 from Raleight to Sanford and back. Stupid, Stupid! Avoid that road if you can.

It sounds like you have a really nice group of people down there. Good for you for being so giving.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger MissJenny said...

I love the idea of a little community developing around the locker room. It reminds me why I like working out.

And your bike story reminds me why I'm afraid of road biking!

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

instyler, new balance shoes, mac cosmetics, abercrombie and fitch, soccer shoes, insanity workout, reebok outlet, iphone 5s cases, north face outlet, wedding dresses, jimmy choo outlet, iphone 6 cases, ralph lauren, iphone 6 plus cases, celine handbags, mont blanc pens, giuseppe zanotti outlet, hollister, louboutin, nfl jerseys, hermes belt, oakley, babyliss, lululemon, hollister clothing, ipad cases, iphone 6s plus cases, longchamp uk, iphone cases, timberland boots, soccer jerseys, baseball bats, nike huaraches, mcm handbags, valentino shoes, chi flat iron, ferragamo shoes, bottega veneta, asics running shoes, s6 case, nike trainers uk, beats by dre, p90x workout, nike air max, ghd hair, north face outlet, nike roshe run, iphone 6s cases, vans outlet, herve leger

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, vans, wedding dresses, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, ugg uk, louis vuitton, moncler, karen millen uk, canada goose outlet, hollister, gucci, moncler, supra shoes, nike air max, moncler, toms shoes, lancel, ugg, marc jacobs, thomas sabo, barbour, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, louis vuitton, links of london, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, barbour uk, pandora uk, pandora jewelry, montre pas cher, coach outlet, moncler outlet, canada goose outlet, ray ban, louis vuitton, moncler, doudoune moncler, canada goose, swarovski crystal, juicy couture outlet, converse outlet, replica watches, swarovski, moncler uk, ugg pas cher, hollister, canada goose jackets, canada goose uk, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, canada goose, canada goose

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...




Keep it up
http://www.kuwait.prokr.net/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home