Friday, March 24, 2006

I Have No Patience For Humans

Another reason I farm is I prefer working with animals rather than people. My goats listen and mind me better than most children. I am not cut out to be a human mother. People always say that it would change if I had my own children. Yeah, I'd change all right. I'd lose my mind and independence. This is why I have the utmost respect for GOOD parents. It is the hardest job in the world.

Yesterday, I woke up feeling annoyed. I went and ran for an hour and I felt better. I went to the grocery store after my run. When I was leaving the store, there was an old, drunk, toofless man in the parking lot watching two sparrows. I stopped to watch too. These sparrows were on the pavement fighting over a piece of bread. One sparrow was stronger and kicking the smaller sparrows ass, jumping on top of him and doing skull crusher moves. Old, drunk man yells at the top of his lungs "Them birds are having some SEX! I think that boy bird is stuck!" It was freaking hilarious. Everyone in the parking lot stopped to watch the kinky sparrows. They were not really having sex, I have over 100 birds. I know what bird sex looks like. For the next few hours, I'd bust out laughing thinking of toofless and bird sex.

I'm seriously thinking of starting to charge people to come to the farm. People want to bring their kids out here for tours and camp out. I don't get paid to do 2-3 hour tours and answer hundreds of questions. People are lazy, they want information handed to them. They don't want to go to the library or research raising animals on the internet. They can't even read the information sheet I give them about caring for young fowl. A woman that came out here last week wanted me to give her my soap recipes. She was thinking of raising goats and making soap too. I laughed and told her if I gave her a soap recipe, I'd have to kill her-it was top secret. It makes me angry because everything I have learned has come from hard work and studying. I have made costly mistakes, emotionally and financially. I was not raised on a farm. I knew nothing about animals when I started this, my Dad was a General in the Air Force. If you told me 10 years ago I'd be farming, I'd laugh in your face.

My worse nightmare family came to the farm two weeks ago to decide which breeds of chickens they wanted. They toured the farm for two hours. The parents, a 10 year old girl and twin 5 year old boys. The boys were totally out of control, chasing the birds around, throwing rocks and ripping limbs from trees. My male Doberman(Monty) is an 8 year old certified therapy dog. He likes to be outside when I am caring for the animals. The girl was petting Monty and he rolled over on his back to have his belly scratched. One of the evil twins comes over and starts slapping Monty's chest. Monty jumped up because it scared him. I asked the evil punk to stop hitting the dog. Then, he decides to jump on Monty like he's a horse. I'd had enough and decided to lock Monty inside. The Mom asked me why I was making the dog go in. I said I didn't want her son to get bit, Monty is old and doesn't like to be mauled. She said "Well, if he gets bit he deserves it." I thought, yeah lady, your kid does but I don't want to be sued. It didn't end there, they proceeded to get into the goose nest and mess around with the eggs. Then, they starting taking apart the chicken pens. I wonder what their house looks like.

I knew they were coming back yesterday, they were supposed to be here at 3:30pm to pick up the baby chicks. I was meeting some friends at 4:45 to go on a bike ride. They don't show up until 4:20, I'm pissed. They get out of the van and the Mom is toting a 35mm camera. No freaking way we are going to have another two hour farm tour with pictures today. I march my pissy butt outside and say "Sorry, we only have 10 min. I have a a bike ride." She looked all sad and disappointed. I lead them to the chick building so they can pick out their babies. They want me to take the brooding box and put it on the floor so evil twins can pick out chicks. I remove the heat lamp and place the box on the floor. I tell them they need to keep the door closed because baby chicks must stay warm. Evil twin is opening and closing the door over and over. I ask him to stop and he doesn't listen. Then, he pushes the door open too hard and starts falling out of the chick building. It was in slow motion, he falls to his knees and then starts rolling down the stairs and finally lands on his stomach. I thought "See, God's striking down on you kid!". He's mad and decides to pick out his chicks by their feet. He said out of the blue, "Your chickens are going to die." I know I shouldn't have said this but I couldn't control myself, "Yeah, I know, you probably will kill them." Have fun raising Jeffrey Dahmer Jr. Mom! I know, I shouldn't be so bad, I'm probably going to hell.

I sold them 15 chicks and made $30.00. I'd rather watch sparrows having sex and chill with toofless any day.

18 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

I agree with you totally. Some children are out of control and it makes me want to take off my belt and spank their parents.

A lady in my office brings her kids into work sometimes on those odd holidays when school is out but the real world is working. Her kids can be here all day, and not a peep comes out of them. They have great manners and are so well behaved. It makes me want to take her to lunch. I think she should write a book on child rearing. It probably wouldn't do any good, the parents that need it wouldn't read it anyway. Nice post!

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger tarheeltri said...

I agree. Parents wait too late to teach their kids proper manners. They want to drop their kids off with baby sitters (or tolerate poor behavior because "they're just kids") while they go out for the first five years of the kids life, then expect that somehow the children will magically know how to act in certain situations when they are older. Not gonna happen.

Anyway, you can tell the kids learned disrespectful behavior from the parents since they were so late getting there!

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger nancytoby said...

Definitely. Charge.

From a PhD Animal Scientist, who is also a mindless formerly independent ... Mom.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Jill said...

I agree with Nancytoby - charge. You showed them around your farm, tolerated their rudeness and ill manners, and then she shows back up late with a camera!! And all you ended up with was 15 chicks sold for 30 bucks! Yes - charge.

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Jessica A. Freas "Freeze" said...

Did you know that there is a clever woman in this world that actually wrote a book and it's title is: "I Hate Everyone Elses Kids"! Yup! Don't remember the authors name, but it wasn't by any chance you or someone related to you? Joke! Sorry that you had to go through that, but yes! CHARGE! Especially for those that can't control their children and think that they can show up late to appointments b/c for some stupid reason, they think that the world revolves around them! NO WAY!

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger bagpiper said...

that is Freakin' Funny !!! I'm dyin over here goat!You ARE Awesome!! and even if I do kick your ass in the swim. You will still be the WINNER in my eyes!

 
At 2:51 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

nike air max, kate spade outlet online, longchamp outlet online, tory burch outlet online, louis vuitton, christian louboutin, polo ralph lauren, ray ban outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, true religion, louis vuitton outlet online, kate spade outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, chanel handbags, christian louboutin outlet, tiffany and co jewelry, red bottom shoes, christian louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany jewelry, oakley sunglasses, true religion outlet, prada handbags, longchamp outlet, burberry outlet online, nike outlet, michael kors handbags, coach outlet, oakley vault, gucci handbags, nike free, longchamp handbags, coach outlet store online, prada outlet, louis vuitton handbags, burberry outlet online, coach outlet, michael kors outlet store, nike air max, michael kors outlet online, cheap oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet online, jordan shoes

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

nike air max, guess pas cher, sac michael kors, louis vuitton uk, true religion jeans, michael kors canada, converse pas cher, hermes pas cher, scarpe hogan, lululemon, michael kors uk, sac vanessa bruno, air jordan, timberland, oakley pas cher, nike free, lacoste pas cher, hollister, ray ban pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, north face pas cher, longchamp, mulberry, longchamp pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, burberry pas cher, chaussure louboutin, nike free pas cher, barbour, vans pas cher, nike roshe run, air max pas cher, air max, louis vuitton pas cher, north face, ralph lauren, nike air max, nike blazer pas cher, tn pas cher, louis vuitton, nike roshe, hollister, nike air force, true religion outlet, sac louis vuitton, ray ban uk, new balance pas cher

 
At 3:03 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

north face jackets, canada goose, lululemon outlet, instyler ionic styler, ugg boots, babyliss pro, jimmy choo shoes, wedding dresses, canada goose outlet, marc jacobs outlet, uggs outlet, new balance outlet, mac cosmetics, nike trainers, chi flat iron, celine handbags, beats headphones, insanity workout, ferragamo shoes, valentino shoes, herve leger, mont blanc pens, abercrombie and fitch, birkin bag, ugg, asics shoes, ugg soldes, uggs on sale, north face outlet, reebok shoes, hollister, nike huarache, nike roshe, mcm handbags, bottega veneta, longchamp, giuseppe zanotti, replica watches, uggs outlet, p90x workout, ugg boots, soccer jerseys, ghd, nfl jerseys, canada goose outlet, vans outlet, soccer shoes, canada goose outlet, ugg outlet

 
At 3:09 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

timberland shoes, replica watches, iphone 6 case, moncler outlet, converse shoes, canada goose pas cher, baseball bats, uggs canada, lancel, hollister, canada goose, louis vuitton canada, coach outlet, vans, montre femme, parajumpers outlet, canada goose uk, wedding dress, gucci, canada goose, pandora jewelry, moncler, moncler, moncler, ralph lauren, moncler, oakley, moncler, swarovski jewelry, pandora uk, swarovski uk, toms outlet, louboutin, moncler, ray ban, hollister canada, nike air max, ugg, links of london uk, converse, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo uk, karen millen, air max, hollister clothing, supra shoes, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger ninest123 Ninest said...

ninest123 10.29
nike free, oakley sunglasses, burberry outlet, air max, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, rolex watches, tiffany and co, ugg outlet, polo ralph lauren, oakley sunglasses, longchamp handbags, jordan shoes, ray ban sunglasses, air max, oakley sunglasses cheap, louboutin, louis vuitton, burberry outlet, kate spade outlet, prada outlet, uggs, michael kors outlet, chanel handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, coach outlet, gucci outlet, nike shoes, michael kors outlet online sale, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, ugg boots clearance, prada handbags, louboutin shoes, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, cheap uggs, kate spade handbags, louboutin outlet, christian louboutin, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, uggs outlet

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger ninest123 Ninest said...

north face jackets, nfl jerseys, p90x, soccer shoes, instyler, air max, iphone 6s cases, louboutin, mcm handbags, north face outlet, ferragamo shoes, valentino shoes, nike roshe run, chi flat iron, converse, insanity workout, vans, air max, mac cosmetics, ray ban, wedding dresses, babyliss pro, timberland boots, iphone 6s plus cases, vans shoes, asics running shoes, gucci, abercrombie and fitch, reebok outlet, lululemon outlet, beats by dre, baseball bats, abercrombie, s6 case, ghd, ipad cases, celine handbags, ralph lauren, soccer jerseys, bottega veneta, oakley, mont blanc, jimmy choo outlet, hollister clothing store, new balance shoes, iphone cases, birkin bag, herve leger, iphone 5s cases, iphone 6 plus cases, giuseppe zanotti, iphone 6 cases, nike blazer

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger ninest123 Ninest said...

juicy couture outlet, swarovski, swarovski crystal, ugg, hollister, barbour, moncler, moncler, canada goose, montre homme, ugg pas cher, michael kors outlet, moncler, canada goose, ugg, converse shoes, toms shoes, moncler, louis vuitton uk, ugg, canada goose, pandora jewelry, wedding dresses, doke gabbana, pandora jewelry, marc jacobs, thomas sabo, canada goose jackets, links of london, sac louis vuitton, moncler outlet, ugg boots, moncler, michael kors outlet online, sac lancel, pandora charms, louis vuitton, michael kors handbags, moncler, juicy couture, louis vuitton, coach outlet store online, canada goose uk, rolex watches, canada goose outlet, sac louis vuitton, karen millen, canada goose, barbour, canada goose, moncler, supra shoes
ninest123 10.29

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger mmjiaxin said...

coach outlet store
swarovski jewelry
michael kors outlet
christian louboutin shoes
michael kors uk outlet
ugg boots
nike running shoes
michael kors outlet sale
ray-ban sunglasses
cheap soccer jerseys
nike air max uk
prada sneakers
michael kors outlet online
nike roshe
swarovski crystal
oakley sunglasses
ralph lauren uk
nobis jacket
north face outlet
roshe run men
mm1127

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses wholesale, longchamp outlet, chanel handbags, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin, nike roshe, sac longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton, jordan pas cher, tiffany and co, christian louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, kate spade outlet, longchamp outlet, uggs on sale, gucci handbags, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, nike outlet, nike air max, polo outlet, nike free run, louboutin pas cher, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, air max, michael kors pas cher, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton outlet, nike free, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, burberry pas cher, cheap oakley sunglasses, longchamp pas cher, ugg boots, nike air max, polo ralph lauren, polo ralph lauren outlet online, oakley sunglasses

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

uggs outlet, vans pas cher, michael kors outlet online, coach purses, nike tn, abercrombie and fitch uk, burberry handbags, michael kors outlet, coach outlet store online, true religion outlet, uggs outlet, ray ban pas cher, hogan outlet, oakley pas cher, north face, michael kors, burberry outlet, michael kors, hollister uk, michael kors outlet online, true religion jeans, polo lacoste, ralph lauren uk, nike air force, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, sac hermes, michael kors outlet online, nike roshe run uk, converse pas cher, nike free uk, sac vanessa bruno, nike air max uk, michael kors outlet online, lululemon canada, kate spade, guess pas cher, mulberry uk, coach outlet, replica handbags, nike blazer pas cher, true religion outlet, timberland pas cher, nike air max, true religion outlet, hollister pas cher, ray ban uk, north face uk

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, vans, wedding dresses, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, ugg uk, louis vuitton, moncler, karen millen uk, canada goose outlet, hollister, gucci, moncler, supra shoes, nike air max, moncler, toms shoes, lancel, ugg, marc jacobs, thomas sabo, barbour, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, louis vuitton, links of london, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, barbour uk, pandora uk, pandora jewelry, montre pas cher, coach outlet, moncler outlet, canada goose outlet, ray ban, louis vuitton, moncler, doudoune moncler, canada goose, swarovski crystal, juicy couture outlet, converse outlet, replica watches, swarovski, moncler uk, ugg pas cher, hollister, canada goose jackets, canada goose uk, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, canada goose, canada goose

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Liu Liu said...

Not Nike Free Run as surprising, however, is that by Monday afternoon, when christian louboutin Panettone spiked leather wallet the Vikings had media access NFL Rob Gronkowski Nike Jerseys with Zimmer and players once again, Nike Air Max 90 the incident was downplayed ad nauseum as cheap nfl jerseys a “miscommunication.”

Via Minneapolis Star Tribune beat reporter Matt Vensel, Rhodes NFL Tom Brady Jerseys used “miscommunication” christian louboutin men flat eight times as he spoke, nfl jerseys store and Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes downplayed the incident as something christian louboutin shoes that Christian Louboutin Women Flat was louboutin outlet straightened out after the first defensive christian louboutin uk series, not the first half. wholesale nfl jerseys

 

Post a Comment

<< Home