Friday, March 10, 2006

Ready As I'll Ever Be

Except I still need to pack. I'll do that after my last swim this morning. I practiced transitions yesterday at the bike shop. It was good to set everything up so I have an idea what I'll be doing. I still feel like I look like a spaze trying to do transitions, I feel like I'm in a cartoon character. Bike shop owner gave me a bike jersey to borrow for the race. I feel embarrassed to wear it though. It's all professional looking with his race sponsors. It's bright red and white, it does match my bike at least. I'm a novice though and I don't think I rate to wear this nice jersey. I don't want people to think "That slow chick sucks, why does she have that nice jersey on?" My husband will have a fit if I don't wear the damn thing, he said it looks "hot". I'll wear it to please him because he's a great man. I think he's more excited than I am about this race. He's my #1 fan, I've never had someone love me so much.

I decided I'll just swim in my Tri shorts and swim top. I'll put on the jersey I don't rate to wear during T1. Then, take it off to run since it will be warm. The less clothes I have to worry about changing into the better off I'll be. I was going to wear a baseball cap to run but I normally don't run with a cap. Bike shop said it wasn't a good idea, the cap may annoy me during the run. So I'll be running with Buckwheat bike helmet head.

The swim times were posted last night. It's so cool that I know I'll be swimming at exactly 10:37:20. These triathlons seem to be organized well. I'm swimming close to last, I guess all the novices go last. I'm relieved about that, the goats probably aren't. They will have to wait over 24 hours to be milked. So another reason to race fast is for the goats. We don't want their udders to explode! Kidding! They will only be fed hay after the last milking before I leave this afternoon. If they eat only hay, they won't produce as much milk.

I'm a little uncertain what I should eat in the morning since I'll start so late. I thought we'd start at 8am so I'd just have some coffee and toast. I think I'd need something more than that to eat.

I will know someone at the race. A girl that sometimes rides in our group is racing at MAP too. She has been really helpful and went over the transitions will me too. She has been doing Tri's for four years. She gave me the best advice "You will only have one "first" triathlon. You will want to remember this one, try to enjoy it." So I'm gonna Tri!

7 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger :) said...

Have a great race and remember the most important part of all of this:

HAVE FUN!

Take lots of pictures to share with us when you get back.

The goats will all be cheering you on!

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Trisaratops said...

Best of luck! You're going to LOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE it!!!! Take lots of pictures! :)

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Cycling Under The Influence said...

Knock it out! I will try and find you down at the race. FYI- I am #250 and my swim start time is 9:48:50. If I don't see you, have fun.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger TriDaddy said...

Good luck! I can't wait for the report. You'll have a blast!

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Sixteen Chickens said...

You are going to do great! Just relax and have fun! Oh, and WEAR THE JERSEY!

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger John said...

uggs on sale
nike huarache
uggs outlet
coach outlet
michael kors uk
coach outlet
uggs sale
coach outlet store online
ray ban sunglasses outlet
prada outlet
louis vuitton handbags
cheap oakleys
cheap nfl jerseys
ugg outlet
timberland boots
montblanc
chanel handbags
adidas originals
coach outlet
fitflops sale clearance
abercrombie
ralph lauren uk
michael kors outlet online
oakley sunglasses
supra shoes
nike air force 1
michael kors handbags
canada goose outlet
coach factory outlet
michael kors outlet
cheap jordans
20151217yuanyuan

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

uggs outlet, vans pas cher, michael kors outlet online, coach purses, nike tn, abercrombie and fitch uk, burberry handbags, michael kors outlet, coach outlet store online, true religion outlet, uggs outlet, ray ban pas cher, hogan outlet, oakley pas cher, north face, michael kors, burberry outlet, michael kors, hollister uk, michael kors outlet online, true religion jeans, polo lacoste, ralph lauren uk, nike air force, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, sac hermes, michael kors outlet online, nike roshe run uk, converse pas cher, nike free uk, sac vanessa bruno, nike air max uk, michael kors outlet online, lululemon canada, kate spade, guess pas cher, mulberry uk, coach outlet, replica handbags, nike blazer pas cher, true religion outlet, timberland pas cher, nike air max, true religion outlet, hollister pas cher, ray ban uk, north face uk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home