Thursday, April 20, 2006

Giving and Compassionate: Ben


The important thing is this: to be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become. Charles Du Bos

Ben, you make me so proud. I'll never forget the day you graduated from boot camp at Parris Island. I didn't know if you'd make it because you are more loving and sensitive like Snaggle. You made it through boot camp and surpassed all of my expectations. When you left for Djibouti, Africa I was scared but at the same time, my heart was bursting with pride. You were about to make the ultimate sacrifice for your country.

Through all of this, you were able to keep your loving, sensitive and giving heart. You were always one of the first children to hug me and tell me how much you loved me. Still today, when you are able to come home, you will hug me and tell me how proud you are of my work on the farm and training. You never act like you are better than others or have sacrificed more. I know you have though. I almost feel embarrassed when you tell me you are proud because I don't think I deserve it.

When I think of you, it makes me stronger. I am going to carry you with me when I run my race at White Lake. I bet you were hotter than I'll ever know while you were in Africa. I'm sure you have been more tired than I know when you had to fly night missons. You have probably been dirtier and have sweat more than I will during my race. I'm sure you wished for a glass of cold water in the desert and knew real thirst. Every time I got to talk to while in Africa, you never complained once. Not one time did I ever hear any bitching come out of your mouth. Amazing!

I'm so sorry you won't be in Ohio with us this weekend for your brothers wedding but you will be in my heart. We love you very much Benji! I don't think you'll ever know how proud your Dad and I are of you. Ooh-Rah! Stay strong you little Devil Dog!

9 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger JF said...

I will be praying for him. By the way, he is cute!

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Jill said...

I would be proud, too. Sounds like a great kid!!

Have to agree with Jessica - there is just something about a man in uniform!!

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger MissJenny said...

Can you be my stepmom please? Mine sure could learn about a million things from you!

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger TriDaddy said...

Send him an ooh-rah from a former Marine! Semper Fi Ben!

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger KBGee said...

Ditto to what TarheelTri said.

Semper Fi Ben!

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger 艾丰 said...

jianbin1125
louis vuitton
michael kors outlet store
canada goose jackets
replica handbags
louboutin uk
canada goose sale
michael kors outlet,michael kors outlet online,michael kors,kors outlet,michael kors handbags,michael kors outlet online sale,michael kors handbags clearance,michael kors purses,michaelkors.com,michael kors bags,michael kors shoes,michaelkors,cheap michael kors
cheap oakley sunglasses
nike air max 2014
ugg boots
hollister,hollister canada,abercrombie and fitch,abercrombie,abercrombie fitch,abercrombie kids,a&f
hollister pas cher
oakley
ugg boots outlet
adidas jeremy scott
chanel outlet store online
michael kors outlet sale
moncler jackets
cheap uggs
michael kors handbags
links of london uk
the north face jackets
basketball shoes
north face jackets
michael kors outlet
ugg outlet
louis vuitton outlet store
true religion sale
giuseppe zanotti sale
barbour clothing
ferragamo shoes
air jordan shoes
nike trainers uk
canada goose outlet

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger mmjiaxin said...

rolex watches,rolex watches,swiss watches,watches for men,watches for women,omega watches,replica watches,rolex watches for sale,rolex replica,rolex watch,cartier watches,rolex submariner,fake rolex,rolex replica watches,replica rolex
canada goose outlet
cyber monday 2015
longchamp outlet
new balance shoes
cheap ray ban sunglasses
true religion jeans outlet
nike air huarache
nike free
hermes birkin bag
beats by dre
swarovski outlet
longchamp handbags
michael kors handbags outlet
cheap nba jerseys
ray-ban sunglasses
ugg outlet online
lululemon pants
basketball shoes,basketball sneakers,lebron james shoes,sports shoes,kobe bryant shoes,kobe sneakers,nike basketball shoes,running shoes,mens sport shoes,nike shoes
canada goose jackets
mm1127

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses wholesale, longchamp outlet, chanel handbags, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin, nike roshe, sac longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton, jordan pas cher, tiffany and co, christian louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, kate spade outlet, longchamp outlet, uggs on sale, gucci handbags, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, nike outlet, nike air max, polo outlet, nike free run, louboutin pas cher, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, air max, michael kors pas cher, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton outlet, nike free, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, burberry pas cher, cheap oakley sunglasses, longchamp pas cher, ugg boots, nike air max, polo ralph lauren, polo ralph lauren outlet online, oakley sunglasses

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

uggs outlet, vans pas cher, michael kors outlet online, coach purses, nike tn, abercrombie and fitch uk, burberry handbags, michael kors outlet, coach outlet store online, true religion outlet, uggs outlet, ray ban pas cher, hogan outlet, oakley pas cher, north face, michael kors, burberry outlet, michael kors, hollister uk, michael kors outlet online, true religion jeans, polo lacoste, ralph lauren uk, nike air force, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, sac hermes, michael kors outlet online, nike roshe run uk, converse pas cher, nike free uk, sac vanessa bruno, nike air max uk, michael kors outlet online, lululemon canada, kate spade, guess pas cher, mulberry uk, coach outlet, replica handbags, nike blazer pas cher, true religion outlet, timberland pas cher, nike air max, true religion outlet, hollister pas cher, ray ban uk, north face uk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home