Friday, April 28, 2006

My Goats Are Heathenish?

The other morning at the gym, a woman asked me where I worked. I told her about farming, raising goats and making soap. She got all serious when I told her I had 20 Oberhasli dairy goats. She asked me if I knew that goats were evil. I get asked silly questions on a daily basis. Like, do goats eat garbage? I thought this was another silly question.

I told her that goats are not evil, they just have their own plans. She gets more concerned, "Your goats will go to hell when Jesus returns. The shepherd will separate the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. The goats will be headed for eternal damnation."

My goats can be stubborn at times but they are not going to hell. I told her I'd talk to them about getting saved. If they agreed, I'd baptize them in the plastic swimming pool that I use for young waterfowl. She looked at me like I was the crazy one. Whatever!

I started researching this when I got home. I guess goats are considered evil because they are ornery and do their own thing. Sheep are gentle and obedient, they follow the rules. I thought God loved all creatures when he crammed them into Noah's Ark. Why did he allow the goats on board if they were Satan?

The reason I like the goats so much is probably because I'm so hard headed too. I can't tell you how many people have told me I'm hard headed, ornery, difficult and disobedient- especially my father. My dad was a general in the Air Force and I think he expected me to obey to him like a soldier. I think there were times when he wanted to throw me across the room when I'd look at him and say "NO!". Not many people in his life told him "no" and this would make him livid. "Why can't you just mind?", he'd asked me. "Because I have my own mind." was my response. Still today, my husband says my favorite word is "no".

I could never be a sheep, I cannot follow someone else. Guess that means I'll see ya in hell my little goaties! I'll be dancing with Pan, playing my flute.

8 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger KBGee said...

You just reminded me of a bumper sticker that I used to see in downtown Raleigh that I never understood. Maybe you can help me with this mystery. It read "No Goats No Glory."

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Nancy Toby said...

Omigod! That's hysterical about that Crazy Lady. Back . . . away . . . very . . . slowly.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Jill said...

And people think triathletes are head cases!!

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Janet Edwards said...

I want a goat mainly because I think they are extremely funny! ...may have to fix up our barn.

I especially liked the fact that last week while my landscaping husband was bent over a one tried to headbutt him in the rear. The day before he had tried to make nice with the goats and brought apples to work with him. That did not work out quite as well as planned as originally he had the apples in his shorts pockets so then all day the goats kept trying to get in his shorts! Goats rule!

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Flo said...

That is funny!!! Why would God spend time creating something evil?? Religious zealots freak me out.

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger mmjiaxin said...

rolex watches,rolex watches,swiss watches,watches for men,watches for women,omega watches,replica watches,rolex watches for sale,rolex replica,rolex watch,cartier watches,rolex submariner,fake rolex,rolex replica watches,replica rolex
canada goose outlet
cyber monday 2015
longchamp outlet
new balance shoes
cheap ray ban sunglasses
true religion jeans outlet
nike air huarache
nike free
hermes birkin bag
beats by dre
swarovski outlet
longchamp handbags
michael kors handbags outlet
cheap nba jerseys
ray-ban sunglasses
ugg outlet online
lululemon pants
basketball shoes,basketball sneakers,lebron james shoes,sports shoes,kobe bryant shoes,kobe sneakers,nike basketball shoes,running shoes,mens sport shoes,nike shoes
canada goose jackets
mm1127

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses wholesale, longchamp outlet, chanel handbags, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin, nike roshe, sac longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton, jordan pas cher, tiffany and co, christian louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, kate spade outlet, longchamp outlet, uggs on sale, gucci handbags, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, nike outlet, nike air max, polo outlet, nike free run, louboutin pas cher, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, air max, michael kors pas cher, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton outlet, nike free, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, burberry pas cher, cheap oakley sunglasses, longchamp pas cher, ugg boots, nike air max, polo ralph lauren, polo ralph lauren outlet online, oakley sunglasses

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, vans, wedding dresses, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, ugg uk, louis vuitton, moncler, karen millen uk, canada goose outlet, hollister, gucci, moncler, supra shoes, nike air max, moncler, toms shoes, lancel, ugg, marc jacobs, thomas sabo, barbour, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, louis vuitton, links of london, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, barbour uk, pandora uk, pandora jewelry, montre pas cher, coach outlet, moncler outlet, canada goose outlet, ray ban, louis vuitton, moncler, doudoune moncler, canada goose, swarovski crystal, juicy couture outlet, converse outlet, replica watches, swarovski, moncler uk, ugg pas cher, hollister, canada goose jackets, canada goose uk, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, canada goose, canada goose

 

Post a Comment

<< Home