Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Bike on the Brain

Jessica told me the pictures were posted on Bird's Eye View from the Cheraw sprint. When I opened up the main page, I screamed "Oh My God! It's me and Clifford, Snag!". Cheraw_Triathlon
Snaggle was watching TV and jumped up to look. She did her happy dance around me, "Look at you Mojo! See, I told you that you f*cking rock!" I'm so lucky my family is so supportive.

We showed my husband when he came home. He asked me why I had a little smile on my face. I actually thought that my bike picture would suck. The road that I was riding down had so many pot holes. I hit a huge pot hole right before the picture and it rattled my brain. My bike helmet shifted and my teeth chattered!(I'm glad I didn't bite my tongue) I felt like one of those stickers with the googly eyes that move around. That "little smile on my face" is there because I was laughing at myself for hitting the damn pot hole and hurting Clifford.

Speaking of Clifford, (he's the red bike I'm riding right now) he's getting a littermate. Yep, I'm getting a tri bike built. Clifford can go back to being a road bike which will help when I do hilly races and ride with the group. The new bikes' name is "Falcor". Falcor is the good luck dragon-dog from the movie Neverending Story. He transports Bastian by flying to places. In the movie, Falcor said "Never give up, and good luck will always find you." Smart dragon-dog! Here's my new Falcor frame:

7 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Blogger nancytoby said...

Love the photo!! You look great!!

That's a great bike name, too!! GO GO GO!!

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger DaisyDuc said...

That is one awesome name for a bike...why didn't I think of that? That was my favorite movie forever when I was growing up.

Nice pic!

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Jessica A. Freas "Freeze" said...

Oh my gosh! I so agree with "daisyduc"! I watched that movie all the time too! I got so excited when I saw the picture. But the song? Oh, what memories! We should rent it one night!

Congrats on the new frame. That's nice!

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

A freaking Blue? That has to be one of the hottest bikes out right now! I am green with envy now. I LOVE those frames. When will it be built so you can ride and race it?

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger a.maria said...

omg i love falcor. i still need a name for my bike.

i still need to learn to LIKE my bike. i guess then we'll work on the name...

hmmm...

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Flatman said...

Sweet frame...any ideas on the components yet...?

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger bagpiper said...

forget the bike! I need some honey and oat soap !! Quit training and make me some soap! that pine tree stuff your squeeze likes, is gone.I'm gonna ask charlie to let me build the bike so it'll fall apart and give someone else a chance to win!!! Honestly... as much dedication and devotion you have givin to your training you DO deserve the rewards. and let the DON know that being so supportive IS like a goo-roid gel just when you need it!!!This will be my first tri ,and just from training with you guys it seems that the tri community is much more supportive than the racing i'm used to! I am so lookin foward to the fun ! We'll be there SAt. (beer in hand )'to cheer ya'll on!!! GOOD LUCK.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home