Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Bike on the Brain

Jessica told me the pictures were posted on Bird's Eye View from the Cheraw sprint. When I opened up the main page, I screamed "Oh My God! It's me and Clifford, Snag!". Cheraw_Triathlon
Snaggle was watching TV and jumped up to look. She did her happy dance around me, "Look at you Mojo! See, I told you that you f*cking rock!" I'm so lucky my family is so supportive.

We showed my husband when he came home. He asked me why I had a little smile on my face. I actually thought that my bike picture would suck. The road that I was riding down had so many pot holes. I hit a huge pot hole right before the picture and it rattled my brain. My bike helmet shifted and my teeth chattered!(I'm glad I didn't bite my tongue) I felt like one of those stickers with the googly eyes that move around. That "little smile on my face" is there because I was laughing at myself for hitting the damn pot hole and hurting Clifford.

Speaking of Clifford, (he's the red bike I'm riding right now) he's getting a littermate. Yep, I'm getting a tri bike built. Clifford can go back to being a road bike which will help when I do hilly races and ride with the group. The new bikes' name is "Falcor". Falcor is the good luck dragon-dog from the movie Neverending Story. He transports Bastian by flying to places. In the movie, Falcor said "Never give up, and good luck will always find you." Smart dragon-dog! Here's my new Falcor frame:

6 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Blogger Nancy Toby said...

Love the photo!! You look great!!

That's a great bike name, too!! GO GO GO!!

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Janet Edwards said...

That is one awesome name for a bike...why didn't I think of that? That was my favorite movie forever when I was growing up.

Nice pic!

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger JF said...

Oh my gosh! I so agree with "daisyduc"! I watched that movie all the time too! I got so excited when I saw the picture. But the song? Oh, what memories! We should rent it one night!

Congrats on the new frame. That's nice!

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Cycling Under The Influence said...

A freaking Blue? That has to be one of the hottest bikes out right now! I am green with envy now. I LOVE those frames. When will it be built so you can ride and race it?

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger a.maria said...

omg i love falcor. i still need a name for my bike.

i still need to learn to LIKE my bike. i guess then we'll work on the name...

hmmm...

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger :) said...

Sweet frame...any ideas on the components yet...?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home