Thursday, May 25, 2006

Clifford or Falcor?

I have a sprint this weekend, pretty close to home. Last weekend, we rode the bike course and it's HILLY. I tried out Falcor(my Blue TT bike) for the first time. Falcor loves to fly down the hills but I don't know if he likes to climb as much as Clifford(Litespeed Vela road bike). Falcor is more difficult to shift up hill too. I'm torn about which bike would be better for the race? Are TT bikes normally used on flat courses and road bikes for hilly ones? Any suggestions? This would probably be a good question for Flatman. By the way, his blog is back up at: http://fl4tm4n.blogspot.com/

I'm feeling more tired than usual the last few days. I don't have a lot of desire to train but I'm still getting my workouts done. It's been almost three weeks since the Half. The first week after the Half, I felt wonderful. I even posted I could run another one that same week. When I rode my bike on Tuesday, I was breathing real hard going up the hills. I've been having this problem during the last week of waking up at 2am-4am. I'll lay in bed and can't stop moving my legs. I probably annoy my husband because I enjoy kneading my feet on his legs like a cat kneads its paws while nursing. He'll wake up and ask "Why are you so fidgety hun?" He's so patient and kind. If someone was rubbing their stinky feet on me and woke me up, I'll probably scream "Keep your fuckin fidgety feet to yourself!"

Today is farmer's market, I will take all my 'wares I created to sell. Last week, when I left market, I stopped at a gas station on the way home to buy a 40 ounce can of beer to drink when I got home. I take it up to the register and dude is like "Driver License, please." I laughed and felt flattered until I opened my wallet and realized I had no license. It's fun when you get carded and can whip out your license like "Hahaha! I told you I'm legal!"

I'm racking my brain trying to figure out where my license is when I remember it's in Clifford's spare tire bag. I rode him over to packet pick-up at White Lake and never took my license back out. Clifford was at the bike shop too. I really wanted that 40! I smiled at ID dude and said "I'm 29, I promise. My license is in my spare tire bag on my bike at home." Then, I felt like an idiot. I'm telling ID cop that I ride a freaking bike. Now, he probably thinks I'm 12. He says "No ID, no beer." I'm getting pissed now, I really needed a beer after dealing with customers for 4 hours, I told you I have a problem with sales. "I SWEAR I'm 29.. I was born in 1977. I'm an Aquarius, I was born in the year of the dragon. Can you see the little crows feet starting to form around my eyes?" I was getting desperate and holding up the line. I guess I wore him down because he told me he'd let me go this time but not to come back without any ID again. I was thinking about going back to the store tonight and whipping out my license like "Ta-DA!" I better not drink anything for the next two nights. I'm already feeling tired and I want to be bright eyed and bushy tailed for Saturday's race.

9 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Blogger Bolder said...

like a moth to a flame...

i've been working through the same bike issues re: TRI vs road geometry.

what i've learned, is that doing a training ride up a mountain on a try bike, constantly out of the saddle and on the bullhorns is no fun.

take a look at the hill profile for florida 70.3 'cause it had about 1500 feet of vertical gain. i'd say that was about right for TRI geometry.

also, what's your average speed going to be? anything over 16mph will benefit from TRI geometry. if you are going to be going 8mph most of the time grinding up hills then road geometry is the answer.

finally, how many hills? the Boulder Peak triathlon has only one huge hill, it's like The Beast or Nasty Grade. originally i was going to ride my road geometry, but now i'm going to ride my TRI geometry and just go easy up that grade.

good luck!

p.s. great job on the 70.3, makes me wish i was young again!

p.p.s. generally i don't recommend going into any establishment and whipping something out and going 'Tada!' ... but, maybe it's a guy thing.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Hmmm...I am not going to guess on the bike thing...eenie, meanie, miney, moe......

Yeah, same age as you and I just love it when they look at my ID and are shocked to see 1977!

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger E-Speed said...

That's hilarious! Glad you got your beer ;)

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Nancy Toby said...

MOJO!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU SO ROCK!!!!!

I just got the stuff from you. That was so sweet of you!!! Thank you!! I'm taking photos of everything but I can't post the photos off my camera until Monday night because I forgot the proper cord, but when I get it I'll have a long post about it.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger JF said...

You are too funny! Hopefully you haven't driven too much without your license. That's scary.

Good luck this weekend at Woodlake. Call me and let me know how you do.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger mmjiaxin said...

ralph lauren outlet
adidas wings shoes
cheap ugg boots
wedding dresses uk
ugg boots
tiffany and co
mcm backpack
tory burch outlet online
michael kors handbags clearance
coach outlet
oakley sunglasses
christian louboutin,louboutin,louboutin outlet,louboutin outlet italia,scarpe louboutin
rolex watches
louis vuitton,borse louis vuitton,louis vuitton sito ufficiale,louis vuitton outlet
nike free uk
ugg boots clearance,ugg australia,uggs on sale,ugg slippers,uggs boots,uggs outlet,ugg boots,ugg,uggs
ugg outlet store
abercrombie and fitch
uggs outlet
louis vuitton outlet store
mm1127

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses wholesale, longchamp outlet, chanel handbags, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin, nike roshe, sac longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton, jordan pas cher, tiffany and co, christian louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, kate spade outlet, longchamp outlet, uggs on sale, gucci handbags, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, nike outlet, nike air max, polo outlet, nike free run, louboutin pas cher, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, air max, michael kors pas cher, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton outlet, nike free, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, burberry pas cher, cheap oakley sunglasses, longchamp pas cher, ugg boots, nike air max, polo ralph lauren, polo ralph lauren outlet online, oakley sunglasses

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, vans, wedding dresses, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, ugg uk, louis vuitton, moncler, karen millen uk, canada goose outlet, hollister, gucci, moncler, supra shoes, nike air max, moncler, toms shoes, lancel, ugg, marc jacobs, thomas sabo, barbour, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, louis vuitton, links of london, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, barbour uk, pandora uk, pandora jewelry, montre pas cher, coach outlet, moncler outlet, canada goose outlet, ray ban, louis vuitton, moncler, doudoune moncler, canada goose, swarovski crystal, juicy couture outlet, converse outlet, replica watches, swarovski, moncler uk, ugg pas cher, hollister, canada goose jackets, canada goose uk, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, canada goose, canada goose

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

cheap oakley sunglasses
yeezy boost 350 white
cincinnati bengals jerseys
gucci outlet
oklahoma city thunder jerseys
michael kors handbags
reebok outlet
houston texans jerseys
chicago bulls jersey
lions jerseys

 

Post a Comment

<< Home