Thursday, May 18, 2006

I'm Not Super-Woman

After the Half at White Lake, I stayed for Sunday's sprint because some friends were racing. I stood on the run course and clapped, smiled and told every runner that passed me, "Good Job! You are almost done, keep it up!" Some racers would have special shirts on that said something like- "My name is Sue, say Hi Sue!" One lady that passed me on the run had the Superman sign on her shirt. I said, "Way to go Super-Woman, good job!" She angrily yelled back at me, "I'm not Super-Woman, it SAYS Super-Slacker!!" Alrighty then, excuse me for cheering for ya, Super Biatch!

Which brings me to my topic of today, PMS. Those three letters usually cause men and women to tense up with fear but I've started looking at it differently. During these few days every month, I am in a heightened state of sensitivity. The truth about my life is clearer, this can be good and bad. I become more aware of projects and dreams I haven't fulfilled. I can either beat myself up about it and have a grand pity party, scream and bitch at others because I'm unhappy or get to work. It's like these few days are the last ditch effort to get the ball rolling and finish jobs that need to be accomplished. If I listen to myself, I find what is out of balance in my life.

I realized this month that I have been a Super Slacker in the soap making business area. The White Lake Half consumed me for the last few weeks. I could only think about the race, training, eating, working out. I had no desire to make any products in my soap shack, I was having a creativity block. Last week at market, I had people asking for shampoo bars, lotion, lip balm and soap. Now that I can look back on the Half, I shouldn't have worried so much. I fear the unknown. Another bone marrow biopsy would be okay because I know how it felt. Ask me to run a marathon in eight weeks and I'll drive myself crazy worrying about the unknown factor.

My intuition and creativity has been increased the last few days and I go into this PMS-inspired-creativity frenzy. I decided to get to work in the soap shack again and I feel much better.


I've made Buddha soaps....





And orange and lemon soap-on-a-rope.....

About 100 lip balms. Pictured is blackberry-vanilla and coffee and cream. It took me forever to do the double sided balms in the tins. I had to figure out what I could use to keep the hot balm flavors from bleeding together but I did it! I also made eight bottles of leave in conditioner.

Today, I'll be making bubble bath bombs. I'll probably mold them while watching some corny Lifetime movie and get all teary eyed because I'm feeling sensitive. Who cares though, at least I can say "So long, Mrs. Super Slacker Soap Maker!"

7 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger Nancy Toby said...

And WHEN, oh WHEN, dear Mojo, are you going to let us buy your wonderful stuff online??? It's too far to ride my bike!!!

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Nancy Toby said...

Go to Amazon.com and search on "Superyard xt" for the baby fencing. We bought 2 sets and put them together for a huge play corral in the living room. If it was anchored it would probably work for baby goats for a few weeks, too!

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Jill said...

I am asking the same question as nancytoby - when are you going to let us buy your stuff? Ebay works!!

Cool stuff!!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

This is so cool! You are so crafty! I love the Buddha soaps! Do you have an internet store?

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

2015-07-3 zhengjx
coach factory outlet
chaussure louboutin pas cher
soccer jerseys for sale
abercrombie and fitch
ray ban sunglasses uk
replica watches rolex
cheap snabacks
michael kors handbags
abercrombie kids
oakley store
toms outlet store
pandora bracelets
coach outlet store online
louboutin
burberry outlet online
nike blazer low pas cher
coach outlet
cheap oakley sunglasses
michael kors watches
coach outlet
true religion sale
oakley sunglasses wholesale
gucci handbags
beats headphones
gucci bags
michael kors outlet
gucci
kate spade new york
coach factory
michael kors handbags
louboutin femme
burberry scarf
polo ralph lauren uk
kate spade
oakley outlet store

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger mmjiaxin said...

ralph lauren outlet
adidas wings shoes
cheap ugg boots
wedding dresses uk
ugg boots
tiffany and co
mcm backpack
tory burch outlet online
michael kors handbags clearance
coach outlet
oakley sunglasses
christian louboutin,louboutin,louboutin outlet,louboutin outlet italia,scarpe louboutin
rolex watches
louis vuitton,borse louis vuitton,louis vuitton sito ufficiale,louis vuitton outlet
nike free uk
ugg boots clearance,ugg australia,uggs on sale,ugg slippers,uggs boots,uggs outlet,ugg boots,ugg,uggs
ugg outlet store
abercrombie and fitch
uggs outlet
louis vuitton outlet store
mm1127

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, vans, wedding dresses, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, ugg uk, louis vuitton, moncler, karen millen uk, canada goose outlet, hollister, gucci, moncler, supra shoes, nike air max, moncler, toms shoes, lancel, ugg, marc jacobs, thomas sabo, barbour, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, louis vuitton, links of london, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, barbour uk, pandora uk, pandora jewelry, montre pas cher, coach outlet, moncler outlet, canada goose outlet, ray ban, louis vuitton, moncler, doudoune moncler, canada goose, swarovski crystal, juicy couture outlet, converse outlet, replica watches, swarovski, moncler uk, ugg pas cher, hollister, canada goose jackets, canada goose uk, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, canada goose, canada goose

 

Post a Comment

<< Home