Sunday, May 07, 2006

Little Mrs. Pee Pee Pants

I'm home and I finished the race! I had a blast doing my first half! I didn't want it to end. I kinda have brain overload right now but I wanted to share something funny I learned.

I didn't think about having to pee during the half, I never planned for it. My mind was busy chattering about important things like food and finishing. Mile 18 of the bike I had to pee. I waited until I passed another woman and asked her if there were any port-a-potties on the course. She said there were some at the half way point. Half way point, I got a bottle of water but no potty places. I REALLY had to pee at this point, I had waited for 7 miles for a port-a-potty. It hurt when I was bent over in aero position because my bladder was so full. I passed another lady and ask, "What do I do? I really have to pee!"
She tells me to lean to the left and let it go.

I couldn't do it. I couldn't lift my leg and pee on Clifford. I would get my bike number all wet! I would pee on my extra water bottle! I waited until I found a good wooded area and stopped. A lady passed and asked me if I was all right, people and volunteers were so great this race.
"I have to PEE!", I yell. I tried to lay my bike down but water would spill out of my aero bottle. I had to find a mail box to lean my bike on. I ran across the street into the woods and peed. It felt good but I lost time. All the people I passed over the last 8 miles, passed me back.

I got off the bike, headed to transition and had to pee again. My husband was yelling,
"1st novice is 30 seconds ahead, go-go-go."
"I have to pee, honey!"
He points to the port-a-potty on the other side of the transition area.
I didn't want to waste time, I squatted and peed like a girl dog.
(notice the wet ground in front of the shoe I'm putting on)

16 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Blogger Mojo said...

Bagpiper,

I didn't have to hold on to a kayak or bouy during my 1.2 mile swim. You had to hold on to both, twice, for only 750 meters!

Learn to breathe while swimming before you try talking smack. The lack of oxygen affects your reasoning skills.

--Milk

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Nancy Toby said...

LOL! YOu crack me up! Way to go!

My secret dream is to learn to pee on the bike. Somehow it just doesn't WORK, though, as much as I try and try....

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger TriDaddy said...

You know... I never thought about the fact that I would pee on my water bottle if I went on the bike. Good thing I stopped too!

Congrats on your race! It was great seeing you out there! I'm glad you got to meet my wife and kids, too. Maybe next time we can all meet up together!

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger MissJenny said...

Woot! You go girl!

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Well, I guess you were hydrated!! That is a very good thing!

Too funny that you actually posted a picture of yourself popping a squat! Hilarious!

I remember thinking in the last few hundred yards of finishing up the swim (in my one and only Oly) that I better pee now when I had the chance. Took some concentrating but I finally left a warm spot for the other swimmers behind me!!

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger JF said...

I am crying right now laughing so hard! I peed to! Right on me as I was running, but no pictures. I was modest. Didn't want to expose myself! Hahaha! J/k. Can't wait to get the results. Congrats!

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Wow, that is too funny! I can only imagine how out of my mind it would have made me!

Aghh,the many unthinkable gross things we have been subjected to in course of our training!

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha!!so fonny i peed!

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger 艾丰 said...

jianbin1125
louis vuitton
michael kors outlet store
canada goose jackets
replica handbags
louboutin uk
canada goose sale
michael kors outlet,michael kors outlet online,michael kors,kors outlet,michael kors handbags,michael kors outlet online sale,michael kors handbags clearance,michael kors purses,michaelkors.com,michael kors bags,michael kors shoes,michaelkors,cheap michael kors
cheap oakley sunglasses
nike air max 2014
ugg boots
hollister,hollister canada,abercrombie and fitch,abercrombie,abercrombie fitch,abercrombie kids,a&f
hollister pas cher
oakley
ugg boots outlet
adidas jeremy scott
chanel outlet store online
michael kors outlet sale
moncler jackets
cheap uggs
michael kors handbags
links of london uk
the north face jackets
basketball shoes
north face jackets
michael kors outlet
ugg outlet
louis vuitton outlet store
true religion sale
giuseppe zanotti sale
barbour clothing
ferragamo shoes
air jordan shoes
nike trainers uk
canada goose outlet

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

longchamp bags
cardinals jersey
rolex replica watches
jimmy choo shoes
miami dolphins jerseys
adidas nmd
boston celtics
fitflops sale clearance
polo ralph lauren
cheap michael kors handbags

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Nairobi said...

No one thinks about that really

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Ama said...

You had quite the experience.

 
At 4:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

www0622


canada goose coats
nba jerseys
ray ban sunglasses
mizuno running shoes
basketball jerseys
true religion jeans
clarks shoes
ray ban sunglasses
nike air force 1
coach outlet

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger jeje said...

pandora outlet
nhl jerseys
moncler online outlet
coach outlet
ecco outlet
ugg boots clearance
coach outlet
red bottoms
air jordan uk
uggs outlet

 
At 2:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

adidas ultra boost
canada goose
nike outlet
jordan shoes
nike air max 2017
vibram fivefingers shoes
coach outlet online
ugg boots clearance
coach outlet
true religion outlet
wqr0w822

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger jeje said...

xiajinyi
Bien qu'il soit chaussures sport air max 90 de nike homme possible de localiser occasionnellement le Jupiter Jack dans les basket nike air presto fly magasins, vous pouvez constamment obtenir une bien meilleure nike air presto beige pas cher offre si vous la découvrez en asics femme sneakers beige ligne et l'acheter uniquement dans la source officielle. Les air jordan 5 pas cher homme membres artificiels, les humanoïdes, les nombreux femme nike roshe run argent noir rose baskets basses capteurs qui sont raccordés à l'ensemble du corps, chaussure adidas zx flux bleu marine etc. Comme les magasins, achetez un film chaussure nike a talon bleu de rétrécissement pour couvrir les chaussures, basket nike air jordan 8 retro junior pour vous assurer qu'il ne sera pas oxydé avec l'air.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home