Thursday, May 04, 2006

Unconditional Love: My Husband



It's hard to believe that ten years ago, we first got together. I still remember our first kiss at the fair in the haunted house. We were blind because it was so dark and you kissed my nose first. I didn't know at that time you would become my husband.

I fell in love with you because you listened and truly cared(and you are a great lover). When I struggled with trying to decide what I wanted to do in life, you were the only one that told me you'd support me in whatever I chose. You accepted me for what I was at the time and were excited to watch what I'd become. Never any pressure and it was exactly what I needed during that stage in life. You have watched me try many things. I probably have let you down because I'd try something, do it well, then quit because I was bored. Yet still, you have never forced me to do something that doesn't fulfill me.

You are my number one fan and greatest supporter. Nobody in my entire life has loved me as much as you do. I know it and feel it every day, it comforts and completes me. I don't know if I deserve this much love. You know that I've asked you, "Why do you love me so much?" You are a "giver" in life. You put me before yourself. Just like yesterday, when you went to the grocery store and just bought food for me. Cottage cheese, turkey, my favorite yogurt, diet soda, juice and 7 grain bread. I know you are trying to help me get prepared for the race this weekend.


I think you are more excited than I am when I succeed. It brings me joy when I make you proud. When I cross the finish line and see tears in your eyes, that is my moment. Because you are the first person that has believed in me and encouraged me. If I hadn't found you, I wouldn't have achieved what I have today. The farm, the soap business, the triathlons have all been supported by you. I sometimes don't know how to repay and thank you except to love you the best I can.

I don't thank you or compliment you enough. Thank you for being such a wonderful husband. For bringing me joy, laughter and love everyday. You are the best father I have known. If I ever want to give birth to a child, I have no doubt you would be the best Dad in the world. You are a wonderful son and brother and have supported your family most of your life. Even with all the burdens' you carry on a daily basis, you still smile and think of others'.

If you think back over the last ten years, we have loved, hurt, gained, lost, learned, failed, experienced life and death but have still grown together. I can't wait to share the next ten years with you. My best friend, lover, husband- forever.

4 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger Nancy Toby said...

Awww, very sweet and heartfelt tribute!

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Very sweet!! How wonderful to find that kind of love!

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger JF said...

Can someone please get me a tissue?

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Michael Lardizabal said...

I almost never look at more than one page in a blog, but yours has been bookmarked ! Funny shit !
Also, good job on your first 70.3..I'm sure the addiction will get worse, trust me.

I thought your "Unconditional Love" post was uber-cool. Your husband sounds like one of the good ones.

PS: The Fat Bottom bikini girl incident had me in stitches..oh yeah baaaby I want to meet and draft off of her ; )

mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home