Tuesday, May 09, 2006

White Lake Half Split Times


White Lake Half Ironman Finishing Time

6:02:03

When I was crossing the finish line and heard the announcer call out this time, I was happy. I thought it would have taken me 7 hours to finish the race.

Now that I have had time to replay the entire race in my mind, I wish I had worn a watch. I was only 2:03 from breaking the 6 hour mark. I could have done it if I realized I was that close. (and I would still be smiling)

Swim Split- 38:28
Pretty satisfied with this time. I did swim off course in the beginning so I know I can work on sighting. I wasn't sure how hard to push on the swim because I knew I had a long day ahead. The swim was probably my favorite part of this race. I still can't believe I was in the water for that long because it flew by and felt easy.

T1: 2:34- Not horrible. Since I was in the back of the pack I had a long run with my bike out of transition. I'm still like "March of the Penguins" when I have to run in my clips.

Bike: 3:08:40
I'm not happy with this time. I know I could have pushed harder but I was scared. I didn't want to blow myself up on my bike so I listened to Chuck and kept my pace at 17.7 mph. I wonder- if I did go harder on my bike would my run suffer? Would I have stopped smiling? This race was full of unknowns and my goal was just to finish. Looking back it's easy to see mistakes I made.

T2: 3:04- I had to pee!

Run: 2:09:19
Pretty happy about this time. I didn't hurt during the run. The first three miles were harder than the last 10. I really tried to take everything in and enjoy the run, which I did. I saw many encouraging faces during the run- Jessica, Meg, TriDaddy and Jamie. I crossed the finish line smiling and started the swim smiling. I'm alive and healthy so I can't complain too much.



Things I learned: I'm not as modest as I thought. If I am under pressure, I will squat and pee in public. I may just piss on the bike next time. Urine is like filtered water, it's pretty sterile. Let the flood gates open! :)


The human body is amazing. My body has been through a lot, some from illness and some from self abuse. It can recover and heal quickly.

A structured training plan got me through this race.
Charlie Storm has helped me so much on this journey. He's one of the best bike fitters in the USA. Thanks for all your time and help, Chuck!

Everything is easier if you have a good attitude and smile.

I will try a lot harder on the bike next year! Bring it on!

13 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Way to go!!

One of these days I will sign up for a half. Reading all these posts about half's and full's really has me pumped to try one.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Brett said...

Congratulations on a great race! Sorry I didn't get the chance to meet you. Maybe we will have to have a Triangle blogger get together at one of the future races. Again, Congrats!

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Fe-lady said...

Here's a suggestion...pee on your bike. It's not as bad as it sounds. Just try to avoid your H20 bottle.
And congrats on your stellar time for a half! That's a great time I think! ( I have never broken 6 hrs..and that was a long time ago!)
You look so FIT ! You should be so proud...are you still floating on cloud 9?

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Fe-lady said...

About the gel...try the plain GU. It's really easy to get down during a hot race when you don't feel like eating anything. I also have used Amino Vital drink. Full of amino acids and protien also!

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Sounds like one great experience! I agree with fe-lady in that you really do look fit!

Your good experience has me itching to plan a half...but that will probably have to wait until 2007. I figure I should get a year of sprint & olympic distance races in first!

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger tri-mama said...

Great job on the race! I like the smile part the best. That's what it's all about.

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger JF said...

Great job Milk! I knew you would do well! We all did! We all learned from this experience. Let's try to beat our time next year. Not at the Duke Half b/c that race doesn't even compare!

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Great report! I like to read all the race reports I find on the web to learn from others. I am hoping to do a half ironman next summer.

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses wholesale, longchamp outlet, chanel handbags, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin, nike roshe, sac longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton, jordan pas cher, tiffany and co, christian louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, kate spade outlet, longchamp outlet, uggs on sale, gucci handbags, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, nike outlet, nike air max, polo outlet, nike free run, louboutin pas cher, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, air max, michael kors pas cher, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton outlet, nike free, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, burberry pas cher, cheap oakley sunglasses, longchamp pas cher, ugg boots, nike air max, polo ralph lauren, polo ralph lauren outlet online, oakley sunglasses

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

uggs outlet, vans pas cher, michael kors outlet online, coach purses, nike tn, abercrombie and fitch uk, burberry handbags, michael kors outlet, coach outlet store online, true religion outlet, uggs outlet, ray ban pas cher, hogan outlet, oakley pas cher, north face, michael kors, burberry outlet, michael kors, hollister uk, michael kors outlet online, true religion jeans, polo lacoste, ralph lauren uk, nike air force, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, sac hermes, michael kors outlet online, nike roshe run uk, converse pas cher, nike free uk, sac vanessa bruno, nike air max uk, michael kors outlet online, lululemon canada, kate spade, guess pas cher, mulberry uk, coach outlet, replica handbags, nike blazer pas cher, true religion outlet, timberland pas cher, nike air max, true religion outlet, hollister pas cher, ray ban uk, north face uk

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

instyler, new balance shoes, mac cosmetics, abercrombie and fitch, soccer shoes, insanity workout, reebok outlet, iphone 5s cases, north face outlet, wedding dresses, jimmy choo outlet, iphone 6 cases, ralph lauren, iphone 6 plus cases, celine handbags, mont blanc pens, giuseppe zanotti outlet, hollister, louboutin, nfl jerseys, hermes belt, oakley, babyliss, lululemon, hollister clothing, ipad cases, iphone 6s plus cases, longchamp uk, iphone cases, timberland boots, soccer jerseys, baseball bats, nike huaraches, mcm handbags, valentino shoes, chi flat iron, ferragamo shoes, bottega veneta, asics running shoes, s6 case, nike trainers uk, beats by dre, p90x workout, nike air max, ghd hair, north face outlet, nike roshe run, iphone 6s cases, vans outlet, herve leger

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, vans, wedding dresses, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, ugg uk, louis vuitton, moncler, karen millen uk, canada goose outlet, hollister, gucci, moncler, supra shoes, nike air max, moncler, toms shoes, lancel, ugg, marc jacobs, thomas sabo, barbour, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, louis vuitton, links of london, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, barbour uk, pandora uk, pandora jewelry, montre pas cher, coach outlet, moncler outlet, canada goose outlet, ray ban, louis vuitton, moncler, doudoune moncler, canada goose, swarovski crystal, juicy couture outlet, converse outlet, replica watches, swarovski, moncler uk, ugg pas cher, hollister, canada goose jackets, canada goose uk, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, canada goose, canada goose

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger دليلك العقاري بدبي said...




دليلك العقاري بدبي
خدمات عقارية ممتازه
نحن نقدم خدمة ممتاز لا مثيل لها لجميع عملائنا الموثوق بهم
معنا يمكنك شراء او تاجير او بيع العقارات في دبي بكل سهولة
We offer unparalleled excellent service to all our trusted clients. With Alsadarh you could Buy, Rent or Sell property in Dubai with ultimate ease and efficiency.
https://www.sadarh.net
https://sadarh2020.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home