Saturday, May 27, 2006

Woodlake Race Report


600 yard swim, 17.2 mile bike, 3 mile run







Today was my first experience racing in age group, this wasn't a USAT race so there wasn't any novice category. Ben(my husband's son) and his wife Becky, came from New River Marine Corps Air Station to watch! It's always great to have a cheering crowd! This was the first time they have seen a tri race and they thought it was exciting. Ben hinted he may want to do one too!




Meg and I got to start the swim together this race. We both decided not to wear wetsuits because the lake felt nice. I do think that wetsuits help though, I know I used my legs a lot more without it. I think wetsuits are a legal way of cheating! They kind of surprised us at the start and shot the gun without any warning. We were off and kicking hard.

This race wasn't chip timed so I don't know my splits.
Ben timed my 600 swim at 12:12

Off on Falcor, I was prepared for the hills. This race, the bike was my favorite portion and my husband didn't get one bike picture! No christening of Falcor?He was trying, I'll give him credit. I know because I heard a volunteer yelling at him to get out of the transition area. :) I think I did well on the bike, I passed some men too. I love passing men! I passed this "Fat bottom Girl" on the bike and she fought with me about it. Fat bottom girl was wearing bikini shorts. She had a big ass, I mean big like out of proportion to the size of her body. I understand, my ass has always been the biggest part of me too. It's also the most difficult thing to look great in a bikini so I chose tri shorts.
Ben's bike time split for 18 miles: 54:00

The run was hot and on pavement or sand. About half way through the run, fat bottomed bikini girl passed my tri shorts ass. I watched her ass jiggle away, she was freaking fast. I kinda was fixated on her ass and I'm not a Waldo. I would have taken a picture of it if I had a camera. I thought about the men she is running past, they probably weren't thinking about the "hot as balls" run at that moment, it was the large, round ass bouncing by them. I felt like screaming out "You Go, Fat Bottomed Girl!" She was an excellent runner and she had the confidence to wear her bikini bottoms. You know what I've noticed about tri's? The women racing don't look like they are anorexic like distance runners. The women that usually win are healthy looking. I think I need to eat more, maybe a bigger ass helps!
Ben's Run Split: 23:50

I was feeling pretty hot and tired by the end of the run. I finally started my period but it started last night! I don't know if it was hormones or maybe I'm just a little burnt out but I didn't really "care" about this race. This morning, I wasn't all excited about racing, I just did it in auto pilot. Going through the motions by not having your heart in it. I'm looking foward to a month break from my next race. Kure Beach looks fun too because it's a double sprint-swim/run.


My overall time was: 1:33:10. I placed second in my age group. I won two medals today. The age group win is important to me because I have some people giving me flack about racing novice. When I decided to do triathlons this year, bike shop friend, Henry, told me I should race novice my first year. I'm actually glad I did. First of all, there is no pressure about points. I am having fun everytime I race because I don't have to be so competitive. I may not win big prizes, awards or medals but it has given me confidence. To any of you jerks that talk smack about me racing novice my first year, "Ta-DA" here's my age group medal.

Fat Bottomed girl came in first in her age group. I'm having an extra bowl of ice cream tonight in honor of her win! Then, I'll start some track work this month so my ass can jiggle as quickly as her big round bottom.

13 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Blogger MissJenny said...

You are awesome! You always manage to smile and have a good time, even when it is hot and you are tired. Gives me something to aim for!!

You probably want to just relax after your race, but I was thinking about swimming at Jordan Lake tomorrow, if you're interested. You can email me at missjennytrains at yahoo dot com (check out my super spam-evading action! Woo!)... Yay!

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Congrats!! That is awesome that you placed in your age group. I currently have no aspirations to place - I figure I am doing good just to get my ass out the door and train!!

 
At 2:18 AM, Blogger JF said...

Girl, you crack me up with your "Fat Bototmed Girl" comments. Is my ass fat as hers? Just wondering. But I guess the difference b/t me and her is that she passed you and you and I know that WILL NEVER BE THE CASE WITH YOU AND ME! You are fast and in no way do you have a fat ass... no matter how much ice cream you eat!

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Trisaratops said...

GREAT job! :) Fat bottomed girls, they make the rockin' world go round.....and on that note, bring on the ice cream! hee hee

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Congratulations on your first tri race of the season against fat bottomed girl. Sounds like you had fun too.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Brett said...

Congrats! You are on a roll!

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Way to still kick some major booty even if fat bottomed girl beat ya!! I am always amazed at some of the racers who beat me who totally don't look like athletes.

Bring on the ice cream!!!!!!!

 
At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love a blog that makes me laugh and your report sure did!
Gotta say I do enjoy it when the "bodies that don't look like they should", do.
Win or not it's great to see all sizes out there rocking the world!!! LOL
Well done, great race!

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger E-Speed said...

Hahaha. Great report! I love the fact that I don't have to look like a marathoner to be a good triathlete too. It is nice knowing my love handles (or as I refer to them my "donut") aren't getting in the way of being a good athlete!

Congrats on the age group medal!

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses wholesale, longchamp outlet, chanel handbags, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin, nike roshe, sac longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton, jordan pas cher, tiffany and co, christian louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, kate spade outlet, longchamp outlet, uggs on sale, gucci handbags, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, nike outlet, nike air max, polo outlet, nike free run, louboutin pas cher, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, air max, michael kors pas cher, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton outlet, nike free, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, burberry pas cher, cheap oakley sunglasses, longchamp pas cher, ugg boots, nike air max, polo ralph lauren, polo ralph lauren outlet online, oakley sunglasses

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

uggs outlet, vans pas cher, michael kors outlet online, coach purses, nike tn, abercrombie and fitch uk, burberry handbags, michael kors outlet, coach outlet store online, true religion outlet, uggs outlet, ray ban pas cher, hogan outlet, oakley pas cher, north face, michael kors, burberry outlet, michael kors, hollister uk, michael kors outlet online, true religion jeans, polo lacoste, ralph lauren uk, nike air force, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, sac hermes, michael kors outlet online, nike roshe run uk, converse pas cher, nike free uk, sac vanessa bruno, nike air max uk, michael kors outlet online, lululemon canada, kate spade, guess pas cher, mulberry uk, coach outlet, replica handbags, nike blazer pas cher, true religion outlet, timberland pas cher, nike air max, true religion outlet, hollister pas cher, ray ban uk, north face uk

 
At 4:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, I do believe this is a great site.
https://3kary.com/property-status/rest-houses-for-rent/
https://3kary.com/property-status/rest-houses-for-sale/
https://3kary.com/property-type/rest-houses/
https://decor-ksa.com/iron-fences/

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger بروكر said...

I definitely love this site.
https://slashdot.org/~prokr2020
https://prokr2020.livejournal.com/
https://prokr2020.cms.webnode.com/khdmat-brwkr/
https://www.prokr.net/ksa/jeddah-water-leaks-detection-isolate-companies/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home