Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Kure Beach Split times

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.-- Colin Powell



This race really has played head games with me. It's left me with shaken confidence and feelings of self doubt. It's ironic because I was looking forward to this race and I thought it would be fun. I thought if any race of the season would shake me, it would be the Half at White Lake.

I guess what really bothers me is I felt like I went in prepared, I have been working hard. My times don't reflect those training hours. I'm so disappointed with my swim, I am ashamed to post the time. I guess I must learn something from this failure but I'm not sure what the lesson is yet. Right now, I don't even feel like training.

Swim 1-(375 meters) 10:02 47/85 overall
I really don't want to talk about it.

Run 1 including transition (1.5 miles) 16:02 41/85 overall
I don't know what to say again except I think I could walk faster but I was actually running.

Bike(20K) 34:21 16/85 overall
If my bike time had been bad, I may have sold Falcor. I couldn't stand the thought of tarnishing his reputation. My actual time was probably even faster since it includes the transition.

Run 2 (1.5 miles) 15:42 32/85 overall
I really felt like I was running.

Swim 2 (375 meters) 10:30 51/85 overall
Did I tell you about the cabana boy that brought me a Pina Colada while I was floating on my raft?

9 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger TriDaddy said...

I have always wanted to do this race, but haven't yet, so take this with a grain of salt....

I think a swim-run-bike-run-swim is a very challenging format. I've done a few run-bike-run's before and they are hard themselves, let alone bookending that with an ocean swim.

I also think people should put more emphasis on how they do relative to the field. Each race is so different, you can't compare one to the other. Apples and oranges. If you felt slow, but still finished first, must have been a tough race on everyone.

Finally, this gives you your first "redemption" race for next season. Kure Beach 2007... "Mojo's Revenge!"

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Nancy Toby said...

Great tri, but... tell us more about this cabana boy?

Your ocean photos have given me nightmares, I'll have you know.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Chris said...

You seemed bummed about your race, but honestly I don't know many folks that race and can't think of something that they wished had gone better.

Everyone has good days and bad days. Don't be discouraged! There is always another race around the corner where you can improve upon what you just did! Hang in there!

(BTW, diet coke is not just an afternoon/evening drink. It's good at any time of the day! ;) )

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Janet Edwards said...

that format had to be killer!

mmm, pina colada!

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger JF said...

Hey, I was there and I never saw a cabana boy? Oh, wait! I think I swallowed him as I was choking on the large amounts of water that I swallowed on the 2nd swim! Oh, poor guy!

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

wow that sounds like an interesting race. I would think the going back and forth between sports would be enough to mess with your regular paces. I wouldn't worry about it, you'll kick butt at your next tri!

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger mmjiaxin said...

marc jacobs
nike foamposite
vans shoes
calvin klein outlet
ralph lauren outlet
michael kors outlet online
swarovski crystal
ferragamo outlet
cheap nike shoes
michael kors handbags sale
oakley,occhiali oakley,oakley italia,oakley occhiali,oakley sunglasses
moncler outlet store
the north face outlet
michael kors factory online
ralph lauren uk
nike air max
asics,asics israel,asics shoes,asics running shoes,asics israel,asics gel,asics running,asics gel nimbus,asics gel kayano
longchamp outlet
michael kors wallet sale
michael kors outlet
mm1127

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses wholesale, longchamp outlet, chanel handbags, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin, nike roshe, sac longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton, jordan pas cher, tiffany and co, christian louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, kate spade outlet, longchamp outlet, uggs on sale, gucci handbags, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, nike outlet, nike air max, polo outlet, nike free run, louboutin pas cher, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, air max, michael kors pas cher, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton outlet, nike free, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, burberry pas cher, cheap oakley sunglasses, longchamp pas cher, ugg boots, nike air max, polo ralph lauren, polo ralph lauren outlet online, oakley sunglasses

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger chenlili said...

michael kors
ugg boots clearance
ray ban sunglasses
adidas outlet
coach purses
cheap oakley sunglasses
tory burch sale
christian louboutin outlet
cheap ugg boots
rolex daytona
2017.8.28xukaimin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home