Friday, June 23, 2006

Soap Logs, Track Workouts and the Karate Kid

I had a productive week. I got up on the water skis three times. I made three, eight pound logs of soap- Sexy Thing, Lychee Fruit and Chai Tea.


I got in some tough workouts, including a track workout. The track workouts are hard but I hear it's the only way to get faster. We did 8x400 w/60 second rest, 60 seconds goes by very quickly. During the 6th and 7th 400's, I finally got that "I'm running so hard I may vomit feeling." I've always wondered about people that cross the finish line and barf. My husband said that if I didn't get that feeling, I'm not trying hard enough. I finally got that feeling Wednesday night. I was whipped because I'd just swam 2,000 yards and lifted before the track work, it probably wasn't the smartest idea. I got all my weight lifting done by Wednesday so my muscles could recover for the race Sunday.

When I was driving home from the track on Wednesday night, a car was stopped on the road we live on. I slowed down, there were about five people standing in the road too. Then I see the dog. I have seen this dog and his gang on our road before, I vividly remember him. I remembered him because he and his homies were chowing down on roadkill one day when I passed them. My windows were rolled down and they had stirred up the rotten remains. The smell was so awful, I was gagging. I started thinking about these dogs and how hungry they must be to eat something so putrid. I also thought about having to bathe a dog that consumed that rotten carcass, you'd have to use bleach or something. I have spoiled Monty, he spazes out if his paw is dirty and will obsessively lick it until it's raw.

The dog was laying in the road because he'd been hit by a car. The woman that hit him was talking to some boys asking about his owner. I rolled down my window and asked if they needed my help. They told me they had it under control and were locating his owner. Then, I looked at the dog. It had pooped, probably from pain and fear. It had blood coming from its nose but his pretty brown eyes were blinking at me. He was still breathing. His other two dog pals were standing on the side of the road watching.

I wanted to stop the van, get out and hold the dog while he was dying. I know it sounds weird but I have this strong desire to be with people and animals while they die. I don't want anyone to die alone, without someone there to hold there hand, pet their head or kiss their face. My husband can't stand to watch death, he can't be there and I understand. It's a hard thing to deal with but I know I don't want to die alone. I didn't know this dog well enough and sometimes when animals are in pain or scared they'll lash out and bite. I decided not to stop because I was hot, tired, sad and thought the people had it under control.

When I drove to the gym the next day, I see the dog on the side of the road stiff with rigor mortis. Flies were swarming his lifeless body. I felt really shitty. I should have stopped last night. I should have at least sat with him and talked to him kindly while he died. He was treated like a piece of garbage during his short life and I could have made his last moments a little more pleasant. His owner didn't even care to bury him. He was abandoned like a piece of trash on the side of the road. I felt awful knowing he never really knew love during his life. I hope he's in some doggy heaven getting a nice bath and eating juicy t-bone steaks.

Onto more pleasant subjects. I got the fuzz on the back of my neck trimmed the other day at the El Cheapo salon. It only costs $3.00 for a neck trim at this place. It was some young dude's turn to cut my hair, he looked like he just got out of high school. I didn't worry too much because he just had to cut a straight line across my neck. He put that cape on me, wet my neck and took a snip. After his takes a snip, he starts flipping the scissors around in his hand. Kind of like Karate Kid with nunchakus.


After each snip, he would whip his scissors around. I got a little scared when he hit my shoulder with the handle while doing his karate moves. I was like, "Easy there, killer!" Little did I know...

I hand him his $5.00 for my 3 minute haircut while vowing I'd never have him cut my bangs. I might lose an eye or something. When he put his arm out for the money, his arm poked out of his sleeve. This kid was a "Cutter." Snaggle told me about these types of kids. They enjoy cutting themselves. He had about 60 slashes on his arm. I know the difference between a cat scratch and "I use a razor and carve designs in my flesh." And I thought that running with scissors was dangerous!

9 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger KBGee said...

Maybe I'm an idiot, but that soap looks good enough to eat. Is it?

Just kidding...ok seriously is it?

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Nancy Toby said...

Yummy yummy soap!

Poor doggie...

but definitely steer clear of Edward Scissorhands!!

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Mojo said...

Eating soap? Only if you are bad!

 
At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was little and in the car with my parents I would get heart sick over the road kill we passed.
I wanted to grow up and be the person who picked up the lifeless bodies we drove by and bury them or at least put them in the grass off the side of road.
I will stop now and move them to the side if they are not too mangled and I still feel a heart twist when I see the smallest bird spattered on the road.
Once I managed a retirement farm for aged horses. We talked to each and everyone when they had to be put down for health reasons and stroked them for 5-10 minutes after the last breath and heartbeat to let them know they were loved and valued.
I had a book as a teenager called "All Horses Go To Heaven"
It's nice to think that all dogs do too since thier common name is god spelled backwards.....thier love is unconditional just like God's is supposed to be.
Hey, you made eye contact with that dying dog and I beat that felt kind to him...

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Mojo said...

Thanks stillwater, those were some nice thoughts. dog:God! For real, I love your reply!

People say I'm like a goat though.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Jill said...

That is so sad about the dog. I would have wanted to take it to the vet so it wouldn't have to suffer longer than necessary. Some people do not deserve to have animals.

And seriously - you need to start selling your stuff on-line! Christmas is only 6 months away and I need to get started buying gifts!!

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger mmjiaxin said...

marc jacobs
nike foamposite
vans shoes
calvin klein outlet
ralph lauren outlet
michael kors outlet online
swarovski crystal
ferragamo outlet
cheap nike shoes
michael kors handbags sale
oakley,occhiali oakley,oakley italia,oakley occhiali,oakley sunglasses
moncler outlet store
the north face outlet
michael kors factory online
ralph lauren uk
nike air max
asics,asics israel,asics shoes,asics running shoes,asics israel,asics gel,asics running,asics gel nimbus,asics gel kayano
longchamp outlet
michael kors wallet sale
michael kors outlet
mm1127

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

uggs outlet, vans pas cher, michael kors outlet online, coach purses, nike tn, abercrombie and fitch uk, burberry handbags, michael kors outlet, coach outlet store online, true religion outlet, uggs outlet, ray ban pas cher, hogan outlet, oakley pas cher, north face, michael kors, burberry outlet, michael kors, hollister uk, michael kors outlet online, true religion jeans, polo lacoste, ralph lauren uk, nike air force, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, sac hermes, michael kors outlet online, nike roshe run uk, converse pas cher, nike free uk, sac vanessa bruno, nike air max uk, michael kors outlet online, lululemon canada, kate spade, guess pas cher, mulberry uk, coach outlet, replica handbags, nike blazer pas cher, true religion outlet, timberland pas cher, nike air max, true religion outlet, hollister pas cher, ray ban uk, north face uk

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, vans, wedding dresses, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, ugg uk, louis vuitton, moncler, karen millen uk, canada goose outlet, hollister, gucci, moncler, supra shoes, nike air max, moncler, toms shoes, lancel, ugg, marc jacobs, thomas sabo, barbour, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, louis vuitton, links of london, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, barbour uk, pandora uk, pandora jewelry, montre pas cher, coach outlet, moncler outlet, canada goose outlet, ray ban, louis vuitton, moncler, doudoune moncler, canada goose, swarovski crystal, juicy couture outlet, converse outlet, replica watches, swarovski, moncler uk, ugg pas cher, hollister, canada goose jackets, canada goose uk, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, canada goose, canada goose

 

Post a Comment

<< Home