Thursday, July 13, 2006

Chubby Chaffed Thigh and Carton of Kitties

Yesterday night, I did a track workout. Ever since I started these track workouts and running faster, I have had chafing issues. Maybe my inner thigh fat doesn't like to jiggle faster than 8 minute miles. It's only on my left thigh. Can my left thigh be fatter than my right? I felt the seam of my shorts rubbing it last night but I kept running. I looked at my inner thigh when I was done and it was bleeding.


When I got home I thought I should use a Noxema face pad to cleanse the wound. Bad choice, because then I had a burning, raw left thigh. I saw flames. I need to go to some thrift shops and find some spandex shorts or something. Maybe I should be like fat bottomed girl and run in my bikini.

I sleep on my side and this morning when I woke up, my thighs were stuck together. The chafing was oozing during the night and acted like glue. When I went to run errands today, I wore jean shorts. I ended up walking around like I had poo-poo pants because the jeans were rubbing my chubby thigh. My husband came home from work while I was cleaning house and found me wearing this outfit.

He was hysterical. I found a pair of his silk boxers to wear but they kept falling down. Since I am a genius, I used a hair elastic to tighten them around my waist. They are the most comfortable shorts I have worn in days!

Well, I better finish packing. My Mom and I are leaving for the race in SC tomorrow. We'll meet my sister in Florence. After the race, we are all heading to Pawley's Island, SC for a beach vacation. I'll be back with a race report Wednesday. Have a great weekend!

I'll miss the pussy boys, they are lots of fun now!

13 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Blogger Nancy Toby said...

You store your kitties in an egg carton???

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Fe-lady said...

Great photos...espicially of the boxers! I thought they made a nice sarong-type outfit! And what's with your thigh? You are certainly not FAT! Far from it...

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Michael Lardizabal said...

Use BodyGlide down there before each run...or get some Trishorts.
You don't want to start any forest fires or anything ; )

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Trisaratops said...

OW OW OW!!!! I second swordfish's response--bodyglide does me well! Hope the race goes well and enjoy your vacation!

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Have a great race!

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger MissJenny said...

Ha! I was walking around just like that yesterday. But I only had a little chafing. You are hardcore!

 
At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFL!!!
You made me snort!
Too funny!!!
God you are hard core, that thigh wound is icky looking.. :(
Sorry dear, you do not have fat thighs, shorts that rub you the wrong way, yes, fat thighs, no.
Have a great time and we look forward to your race report :)
Those kitties are soooooo cute!

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Heh. I thought that was some kind of fashionable skirt before you described what it really was. I don't know if you've picked up on a new fashion piece or if I'm just really that bad at fashion. :)

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger :) said...

Owee. Have a great race and be safe on your vacation! (sunscreen)

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger ShesAlwaysWrite said...

Oh dear. If skinny little you is chafing, what hope do I have?
I cringed when you said you put a face cleansing pad on it! OUCH! Try keeping it covered with neosporin or some other kind of first aid cream - that always helps me. It'll get rough and ridgy as it scabs and will be totally gone in a few days.

Being a triathlete of the slow fat variety, chafing is a never-ending battle when I run. Body Glide is great for spots like my upper arm where it rubs my side, but the real key for running has been spandexy type shorts so there's no loose fabric to rub.

Good luck! (and I looooove the kitties, you're so lucky!)

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Iron Pol said...

Everybody else has made the obvious comment. Bodyglide. Vaseline is a good second option, but rubs off and needs to be applied more frequently.

Bodyglide is inexpensive, lasts a good long time when running, and a single stick lasts quite a while.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

dear lord woman get thee some spandex now! That looks incredibly painful. I hope the race went well!

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger mmjiaxin said...

herve leger dresses
louis vuitton handbags outlet
coach outlet store
ralph lauren outlet
ray-ban sunglasses
kobe bryants shoes
tiffany and co
karen millen uk
coach outlet online
phone cases
rolex uk
nike free 5
swarovski crystal
louis vuitton handbags outlet
ray ban sunglasses
cheap oakley sunglasses
michael kors canada
nba jerseys
mlb jerseys
michael kors handbags
mm1127

 

Post a Comment

<< Home