Friday, July 07, 2006

Full of Sweat and Stink Now

I got home from vacation and tackled some farm chores. I did the 50k Firecracker ride in Cary and didn't wreck. I did a track workout in cotton shorts and got inner thigh chafing.

I cleaned out the baby chick pens.
I got lots of dust up my schnoze.




Then,I decided we should tackle the goat barn. Because the flies are as thick as thugs. The fly population is inconceivable this year. I think our winter was too warm. At that bike race in Cary, there were flies on the cookies. I didn't feel so bad, even Cary has flies.



I don't know which idiot said goats will eat anything, they don't know the goaties!
They are picky, stubborn animals!Our goats will not eat "dirty" hay that touches the ground and is stepped on. This leads to a 20 tractor bucket loads of wasted hay in a few months.



We scooped and cleaned up crap today but we accomplished a dirty, back muscle building job.
It was a cooler and it was much easier to do it without dying from heat stroke. Dumbass me weight trained my biceps and back today though. I'll pay tomorrow.

My goats are extremely wasteful. I think I need to send them to a starving, 3rd world country. After one hour of a full rack of hay, this is what is left. They only eat the tops of the oats, and leave the stems on the ground to build up over time....then WE have to scoop it up pitch it!



I feel like I clean and feed the humans' and beasts' all time. I think I would make an excellent maid. I could get paid a lot for this if I went full time. I can deal with the never-ending cleaning and feeding battle.


I have this awful thigh chafing though. Is it because I ate too much ice-cream during my vacation?


The warm fuzzy I had this week..
I made Chai tea soap for this lady.It has been curing for about 4 weeks. I called her today to tell her it was ready. She was so excited, it is her favorite soap. She came over right away and bought the whole log!
70 dollars worth.

I didn't have to print or wrap anything!

4 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your such a good goat Mommy!
They sure look happy and healthy and are lucky critters to have such a nice home to live in :)
Are they Oberhasli's?
Our town has just started it's first Farmers Market and this past sunday the "soap lady" was there with her log soaps and I thought of you :)
Even bought a chunk for myself!

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger JF said...

You have such a gift! I could never do what you do! You go honey!

Sorry about the chaffing! Us "curvy" chicks know what you are going through! Why do you think I NEVER run without spandex?

Great job at the Cary race! I think Jesse did that one too! Did you see him there?

Keep in touch!

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger ShesAlwaysWrite said...

Just nosing through your archives and had to say - from one country girl animal lover to another - your goats are gorgeous! I've never seen such pretty ones.

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger 艾丰 said...

jianbin1125
louis vuitton
michael kors outlet store
canada goose jackets
replica handbags
louboutin uk
canada goose sale
michael kors outlet,michael kors outlet online,michael kors,kors outlet,michael kors handbags,michael kors outlet online sale,michael kors handbags clearance,michael kors purses,michaelkors.com,michael kors bags,michael kors shoes,michaelkors,cheap michael kors
cheap oakley sunglasses
nike air max 2014
ugg boots
hollister,hollister canada,abercrombie and fitch,abercrombie,abercrombie fitch,abercrombie kids,a&f
hollister pas cher
oakley
ugg boots outlet
adidas jeremy scott
chanel outlet store online
michael kors outlet sale
moncler jackets
cheap uggs
michael kors handbags
links of london uk
the north face jackets
basketball shoes
north face jackets
michael kors outlet
ugg outlet
louis vuitton outlet store
true religion sale
giuseppe zanotti sale
barbour clothing
ferragamo shoes
air jordan shoes
nike trainers uk
canada goose outlet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home