Sunday, July 30, 2006

Hellooo McFly

Last night, right before I was getting ready to go to bed, the phone rang. It was only 9:30pm, I'm getting old. After my bike ride, brick run, cleaning the house and making dinner, I was ready to pass out. Sometimes, I make my husband lie and tell people that I'm sleeping or in the shower. He acted like this phone call was important. I picked up.

"Hello?"
"Hello, Auntie! Going to see you tomorrow?" It was my 3 year old nephew. My sister is racing her first Oly triathlon today in Charlottesville, VA. I had called her in the afternoon to wish her luck but I had only left a message on her answering machine.

"No, buddy. I'm not racing with your Mommy tomorrow. It's her big day though, yell very loud for her, okay?"

My sister gets on the phone and explained that since the Pee-Dee race, her little boy thinks he'll see me at every triathlon. I could hear my 3 yro nephew and 5 yro niece squealing in the background.

"Stop jumping on the bed, lay down and go to sleep!" my sister told them.

I asked her where she was because it was past the kids' bedtime. She got a hotel for the big race, she was in Charlottesville already.

"I had to call you because I knew you'd get a kick out of this one!" she said chuckling. "I did all the packing for me, CB(her husband) and the kids. CB packed the bike and stroller. When we got here and unloaded the car, CB started to panic."

He said, "You wouldn't believe what I forgot! I forgot to put your front tire in the car!"

Oh my God. That's worse than Ookla!

The funniest part of the story is my 5yro niece said, "Daddy, how is Mommy supposed to race without her bike's front tire?"

Good question Meggers, that is why Daddy gets to drive two hours home and two hours back to the hotel to fetch the front tire. My sister was laughing about it. Let's hope the race goes better than the packing for the trip.

At the gym on Friday, I was in the free weight room, doing squats. Some guy comes in the room but isn't paying attention to where he is walking. He walks right into the end of the chest press barbell. He hits it so hard, it throws him backward and he makes a sound like the wind got knocked out of him. "HHHHuuUUUUUHhhhhh"

I couldn't control myself. I started laughing out loud, he could hear me. I was laughing so hard, I could barely get my barbell back on the rack. I wanted to yell out "Hello McFly! That smarted didn't it?"

He ran out of the room too fast though.

5 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Blogger JF said...

Mojo! Great story about the weight room! You know what? If I would have seen that, I would have laughed too!

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Chris said...

What a sweet hubby. A four hour trip to go get her wheel. Yikes!

That barbell incident was totally hilarious! I bet he felt like a complete idiot. LOL

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger :) said...

Now mojo...it's not nice to laugh at others misfortunes... (snicker).

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger mmjiaxin said...

herve leger dresses
louis vuitton handbags outlet
coach outlet store
ralph lauren outlet
ray-ban sunglasses
kobe bryants shoes
tiffany and co
karen millen uk
coach outlet online
phone cases
rolex uk
nike free 5
swarovski crystal
louis vuitton handbags outlet
ray ban sunglasses
cheap oakley sunglasses
michael kors canada
nba jerseys
mlb jerseys
michael kors handbags
mm1127

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

coach outlet
new balance shoes
oakley sunglasses
adidas shoes
ralph lauren outlet
canada goose outlet
nike outlet
longchamp
moncler
north face
201712.21wengdongdong

 

Post a Comment

<< Home