Monday, August 14, 2006

Time For A Cool Change

I'm really happy that I have only one more race this season. I have over a month from now until I race. I can weight train more. I think I am burnt out with triathlon and races at this moment. Maybe I picked too many races my first year out.

I enjoy lifting weights. I like to see my muscle definition, I like to feel strong. It's hard to train for endurance events(eating carbs) while trying to build lean muscle(heavy weight training, low carbs/more protein).

Since my races are coming to an end, I'm going to start getting tougher about diet and lifting. Today, was the first time since March I have increased my weights and lifted until failure. I have been afraid to weight train hard since I started racing. I thought I should "save" myself. I'm also cutting back on carbs. I have been eating everything/anything I want while training for races. I have been "eating clean" since Bandit's.

I'd like to get down to 12.5% body fat. I'm currently 14.5%, I weigh 116. The tricky part about body fat percentage is when you lose weight, you tend to GAIN body fat. I'll probably need to put on more weight to reach 12.5%.

So, we will have to see if Nancy's theory about weight and speed is correct.. Once I reach my goal!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was suppose to take four days off after this race, I just can't be that still. I haven't done any tough cardio work. My legs are still a bit sore from Bandit's.

40 min. cardio, Elliptical

Back
Lat Pulldowns (4 sets) 12x65lbs, 12x80lbs, 12x85lbs, 12x90lbs
Bent Over Rows (4 sets) 12xbar+10, 12xbar+10, 12xbar+20, 12xbar+20
T-Bar Rows (3 sets) 12x65lbs, 12x70lbs, 12x70lbs
Dumbbell One Arm Rows (3 sets) 12x25lbs, 12x25lbs, 12x25lbs
Assisted Pull-up (3 sets) 12x60lbs, 12x50lbs, 12x50lbs
Biceps
Standing Olympic Bar Curls (4 sets) 12xbar, 12xbar, 12xbar+10, 12xbar+10
Seated Dumbbell "Arnold" Curls (4 sets) 12x15lbs, 12x15lbs, 12x20lbs, 12x20lbs
Preacher Curls (3 sets) 12x30lbs, 12x40lbs, 12x35lbs

9 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger Nancy Toby said...

YOU GO GIRL!!! :-)

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger 21st Century Mom said...

Whoa! 12.5% seems very low to me. Of course my personal number is more than twice that so wtf to do I know but still. 12.5%??? Seems low. Good luck and don't forget to post what you are eating so I can copy you. I'd be quite thrilled at 20%

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Robin said...

ha! 21st mom - I, too ould b thrilled at 20% :-)

Go Mojo. Camp Mojo now in effect.

(Still need to post that pic from IMLP I took for you. Will get around to it this week, I promise!

 
At 2:36 AM, Blogger qcmier said...

Don't be afraid to hit the weight room while training for races. I would say you need to tweak the lifting routine and focus a bit, but don't eliminate it entirely.

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Brett said...

Very cool. Personally, I still lift hard once a week, then I will bump to twice or three times in the "off" season.

I think lifting is the key to burning more body fat, so you are on the right track. Also, by cutting your carbs some, you will certainly see your body fat drop pretty quickly I would think.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Crackhead said...

You are already at a great bodyfat % for a female triathlete. But if you want to get lower/leaner that's OK, too (I'm about 10%).

It is NOT necessarily true that if you lose weight your bodyfat goes up. For me, as long as the process is very slow and gradual, I will generally only lose fat. For you, you only need to lose 2.32 lbs. of fat and you could stay at the same weight (i.e., retain all your muscle) and be at 12.5%. The key is to do it really slowly, especially since you are already so lean. It's not like you are entering a bodybuilding contest, so slow is the best way to go. Plus that won't compromise your training in any way.

All you need to do is cut maybe 50 calories a day from your diet, and theoretically in 162.4 days you are down by your 2.32 lbs.! But this assumes you carefully monitor your calorie intake.

Also, there's no need to go below 60% of your calories from carbs in order to achieve your goal. 60/30/10 (carbs/protein/fat) is a very healthy diet.

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »

 
At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... quit smoking aids resources from stopsmokingtalk.com chevrolet motor mount schematic Wedding invitations kit cd rom smoking tips on quit Bronze tree awning

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger 艾丰 said...

jianbin1125
louis vuitton
michael kors outlet store
canada goose jackets
replica handbags
louboutin uk
canada goose sale
michael kors outlet,michael kors outlet online,michael kors,kors outlet,michael kors handbags,michael kors outlet online sale,michael kors handbags clearance,michael kors purses,michaelkors.com,michael kors bags,michael kors shoes,michaelkors,cheap michael kors
cheap oakley sunglasses
nike air max 2014
ugg boots
hollister,hollister canada,abercrombie and fitch,abercrombie,abercrombie fitch,abercrombie kids,a&f
hollister pas cher
oakley
ugg boots outlet
adidas jeremy scott
chanel outlet store online
michael kors outlet sale
moncler jackets
cheap uggs
michael kors handbags
links of london uk
the north face jackets
basketball shoes
north face jackets
michael kors outlet
ugg outlet
louis vuitton outlet store
true religion sale
giuseppe zanotti sale
barbour clothing
ferragamo shoes
air jordan shoes
nike trainers uk
canada goose outlet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home