Saturday, October 28, 2006

Boo! Happy Halloween!

It's been a long time! Hopefully, I'll be a better blogger since it's getting cold. Time is going by quickly. I was admiring all the pretty colors outside then shocked when I realize it's autumn. Only two months left in the year! Then, I thought about Halloween.

When I was young, Halloween was my second favorite holiday. Dressing up, running around the neighborhood at night and getting free candy. Who could want more as a kid? The only time I was bummed out during Halloween was when I'd have to wear a coat over my costume. Nobody could see my teenage mutant ninja turtle shell! People that gave out raisins were way too uptight. People that gave out full sized candy bars were my idols. I promised to be cool and generous like they were when I grew up.

We don't get any trick or treaters at the farm. Kinda hard when you live a half a mile from the main road. I wish we did, I'd love to see the costumes. Maybe it's best they don't come here, I just thought about Monty and Missy. They'd go ape shit if Barney, Scooby-Do, a witch or Dracula came knocking on the door yelling "Trick or Treat". Heck, they may go sailing through the glass door if a kid sized Snoopy was on our front porch. I'd need to tranquilize them, they'd probably have an anxiety attack.

I always had a Halloween night ritual. I'd dump out my pillow case full of candy on the floor separate them into different piles. I think the worst candy every invented was Good n' Plenty. I loathe black licorice. I probably could start dry heaving if I think about it long enough. The Good n' Plenty inventors were tricky! They coated the glorified black tar with a white or pink sugar coating. I mistakenly ate some one Halloween and it almost ruined my palate for the remainder of the evening. My sisters wouldn't even trade me Smarties for Good n' Plenty's. My Dad and the dog always got those spawn of satan candies. My favorite candy was Snickers and I still adore them today. I liked the Double Bubble gum too. I'd get a case of lock jaw from that pink gum though. After popping a fresh piece in my mouth, it would become rock hard in two minutes. It was almost like chewing a rubber eraser. I'm no longer a fan of Double Bubble, my gum addiction is now Extra spearmint, the bright green gum.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, I'll be going on my first bike ride since Pinehurst. I haven't missed it that much, I've enjoyed the break. I have been lifting weights almost every day. I've hit some personal records lifting. I leg pressed 270 X 4 on Tuesday. Watch out Flatman! My biceps are getting even bigger! :)

9 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger Nancy Toby said...

Good and Plenty ROCKS!

How could you "ruin your palate" for CANDY?? Say it isn't so!! What kind of weird kid were you? That's probably why you were a skinny kid and I was a fat kid. :-)

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

You'll have to show us a before and after picture of your biceps.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Robin said...

I agree with Papa Louie -- the befores & afters are fun stuff! I joined a bootcamp class -- 4 wks Mon-Thurs from 6-7am...I can finally see my muscles again after doing nothing while I was injury riddled!! Oh, gotta go to bed--it's 11:20 PM and I now have toget up at 5;30 AM for BOOTCAMP! Woo-hoo!

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger 21st Century Mom said...

That brings back some very fond memories of dumping out the pillowcases and playing 'candy store' with my siblings. I'l okay with G&P but I loath Mounds bars. Unfortunatly so did my sibs. Getting a Mounds bar was like getting anti-candy - yuk!

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Michael Lardizabal said...

mmmm G & P's : )

My all time favorites are Bottlecaps and Swedish Fish.

I've been hitting the weights more than ever myself. I'd like to have more durability for next season.
Happy Halloweenie !

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger TriDaddy said...

The best: Reeses peanut butter cups, not the minis, but the two-packs, or if I was lucky a three-pack.

The worst: carmels with the chalky creme center.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger 艾丰 said...

jianbin1125
louis vuitton
michael kors outlet store
canada goose jackets
replica handbags
louboutin uk
canada goose sale
michael kors outlet,michael kors outlet online,michael kors,kors outlet,michael kors handbags,michael kors outlet online sale,michael kors handbags clearance,michael kors purses,michaelkors.com,michael kors bags,michael kors shoes,michaelkors,cheap michael kors
cheap oakley sunglasses
nike air max 2014
ugg boots
hollister,hollister canada,abercrombie and fitch,abercrombie,abercrombie fitch,abercrombie kids,a&f
hollister pas cher
oakley
ugg boots outlet
adidas jeremy scott
chanel outlet store online
michael kors outlet sale
moncler jackets
cheap uggs
michael kors handbags
links of london uk
the north face jackets
basketball shoes
north face jackets
michael kors outlet
ugg outlet
louis vuitton outlet store
true religion sale
giuseppe zanotti sale
barbour clothing
ferragamo shoes
air jordan shoes
nike trainers uk
canada goose outlet

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger mmjiaxin said...

cheap jordan shoes
north face outlet store
ralph lauren outlet
ray ban outlet
winter coats
ugg boots
lacoste pas cher
coach outlet
ralph lauren,polo ralph lauren,ralph lauren outlet,ralph lauren italia,ralph lauren sito ufficiale
the north face outlet
snapbacks wholesale
nfl jerseys
coach outlet online
ray-ban sunglasses
pandora outlet
uggs outlet
louis vuitton outlet online
ed hardy clothing
tods outlet
snow boots
mm1127

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

cheap basketball shoes
nike huarache
cheap jordan shoes
arizona cardinals jerseys
new york jets jerseys
adidas nmd r1
ray bans
ferragamo shoes
fitflops
michael kors outlet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home