Sunday, October 01, 2006

Scrub a Dub Dub

Here's some pictures from the last two weeks of the soap fest. My soap rack is almost full, I have two racks left on the bottom. The soap needs to cure for about four weeks before I package it. Top Row-Lancelot, 2nd Row- Goat's milk Oats and Honey, 3rd row-Lychee Fruit and Moonbeam Musk, 4th row-Lavish Lover, 5th row-Sexy Thang and Lovely 6th row- Ice Cap.



Every soap created is a surprise when it's time to unmold it. Once I pour the soap into the mold, it will sit under blanket for a day. My favorite part is unwrapping and cutting the fresh soap. In a perfect world, all batches of soap would unmold hard, smooth and pleasing to the eye. It doesn't always work that way. Sometimes, during the saponifaction process, the fragrance will morph or burn off, the dyes will change color or completely disappear. This is one of my favorites I made last week. Goat's milk, honey and oats. The milk and honey swirl came out good and the fragrance stuck.


The most interesting bar of the week, Moonbeam Musk. The dark blue color didn't appear until after I unmolded the soap. I think the color, although a surprise, fits the name.


My least favorite part of soapmaking? The cleaning up! I've gotten better about it during the last few weeks. If I just leave the mess after making a batch, I don't want to go back into the soap shack. Soap will be glued to the pots, stick blenders, spatulas and bowls. I've started cleaning up after every batch. Now, when I walk in the SS, everything is shining and ready to soap.

9 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger Laurie said...

Your soap is beautiful! It looks good enough to eat :)

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Wow! Beautiful! How do I get some? Do you make them All by yourself? Sounds like fun though.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Bolder said...

mmmmmmm. makes me want to eat it.

i read in the paper today that Gen X'ers would rather eat soap than drive a minivan.

sersly, i'd eat your soap before i drove a minivan.

co-winky-dink?

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Mojo said...

Thanks, Bold.

My husband bought me a brand new mini van a couple months ago. It's a "stow and go" model. All the seats fold down and I can fit three bikes in the back.

I accused him of choosing a mini van to make me look like a soccer Mom so men aren't interested.

He said he was going to find a "Proud parent of an honor roll student" to slap on my bumper.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger 21st Century Mom said...

Where oh where do I buy some moonbeam soap. I MUST have soap with moonbeams in it!

That's quite a cool thing you have going there. So who is your distributor?

 
At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah Maguai...I think I would rather just slap your bumper. Farquar

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Julia said...

Those are so COOL!! I can't wait for my tutorial lesson for the Olive Oil soap :-))

Thanks!

(ignore the anonymous post, people are freaks)

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger The Big Cheese said...

it looks like cheese. I like cheese.

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger mmjiaxin said...

cheap jordan shoes
north face outlet store
ralph lauren outlet
ray ban outlet
winter coats
ugg boots
lacoste pas cher
coach outlet
ralph lauren,polo ralph lauren,ralph lauren outlet,ralph lauren italia,ralph lauren sito ufficiale
the north face outlet
snapbacks wholesale
nfl jerseys
coach outlet online
ray-ban sunglasses
pandora outlet
uggs outlet
louis vuitton outlet online
ed hardy clothing
tods outlet
snow boots
mm1127

 

Post a Comment

<< Home