Saturday, February 10, 2007

New Horizons

Everything is falling into place for me now. I have a routine and I'm becoming more comfortable and confident. For awhile, I was scared, I was learning. I am enjoying my jobs. Waitressing isn't the easy work but I have never been one to take the easy road. I am making great money. I have made some new friends and met some wonderfully helpful and supportive people. I used to be weary of strangers almost distrustful but I'm learning that people are mostly good.

Friday's are hard days for me. I work for 16 hours at both jobs. The evening job at the steak house, the other employees were very kind to me last night. They gave me the easier section, the section that required only breaking down the wait station at the end of the night. They didn't have to do that, they could have made me break down the salad bar or mop and sweep. They knew I was tired and they cared. Tonight, I will do the hard side work and buy everyone a drink at the end of the shift. Most of society is helpful, caring and loving. I'm embracing that and I feel like more love will come back to me.

Did I tell you that I'm going back to school in the fall? I'm going to become a pastry chef. My long range goal would be to work at a resort/hotel as the head pastry chef on a tropical island. First things first though, I have to go get the degree first. I will start at a community college this fall full time. I'm really excited!

14 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is SUCH exciting news about becoming a pastry chef! I bet you will love it.

I'm so happy for you that you are doing so well. It sounds hard but gratifying. Yeah for Mojo!

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Andra Sue said...

That's fantastic. I'm so glad to hear you're getting along well and setting new goals for yourself. An exciting time indeed...full of possibilities.

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Papa Louie said...

Good to hear you have great plans. I hope all goes well for you.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Robin said...

This is wonderful! Go for it!

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Julia said...

Oh Mojo, I want to be you! I would love to go to pastry school. A whole new angle on the blog!

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger Dori said...

That sounds like a great career! I'm glad you're doing OK.

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Michael Lardizabal said...

Good move on the Pastry Chef idea !!!

They are very much in demand according to a friend of mine who's an Executive Chef at a well know LA restaurant.

The pay is very good if you graduate from a decent culinary school.

Keep being strong !

Mike

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Fe-lady said...

Hang in there! Sounds like you have a plan! That's half the work!

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger ShesAlwaysWrite said...

That sounds like a wonderful plan!

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Hi!

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

I hope everything is going well with you. I think of you often.

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

jeebus Mojo - no wonder I haven't heard from you in so long!

Go girl!

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Bolder said...

it's been over a month!

check in and let us know how you are doin'!!!

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

air force 1 shoes
nike huarache
oakley sunglasses
oakley sunglasses wholesale
miami heat jersey
nike trainers
hermes belts
michael kors uk
coach outlet
instyler max

 

Post a Comment

<< Home