Thursday, February 01, 2007

No Sweat

I started waiting tables at the day job yesterday. You all were right, the codes are easy, it's the prices that I'll have to work on. I worked a double shift yesterday. I worked this morning and again tonight. Friday will be a double shift too. I think it's good that I'm keeping so busy. I do get some down time at night to think and reflect. I'm meeting new people, I'm opening up more and learning to strike up conversations with strangers. I feel like I can be more kind to people now. A smile and asking someone how their day is going means a lot to some folks. I now know how it feels to be alone.

I'm having sleeping issues. I don't know if I thought I needed eight hours of sleep but for the past week, I wake up every morning around 4am. I go to bed by 11pm. Maybe I'm excited about future and life. Sleeping isn't as important right now. I just hope I don't crash and have a Sleeping Beauty meltdown in a few days.

My apartment walls are thin. I can hear everything, even the man snoring next door. Geez! Maybe that's why I can't sleep. I like my little apartment, it suits my needs just right. I am hardly home anyway, only at night after work. I got a care package yesterday from my sister. I appreciate the small stuff a lot more right now. She sent me oatmeal, granola bars, M&M's, gum and tuna fish. She knows me well and what I like. I have learned that I can survive off of limited food choices. She also made me a CD, I love to hear new music. Like I said, the small things mean as much as if not more to me than lavish presents. Here is one of the songs that she had on the CD she sent.

I'm going to the gym now. I'm still lifting and doing cardio. I got teased at work today for bringing in my own lunch of salmon, asparagus and spinach pasta salad. I feel like it is more important than ever for me to care for my body. I'm working hard so I need to eat well and exercise. If I eat crap, I feel like crap. Can't be feeling like crap when I need to smile at customers!

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race” ~Calvin Coolidge

8 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger PH said...

Sing it, sistah! My personal motto in live comes from the I Ching - "Perseverance Furthers" and it does.

Glad things are working out for you.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Andra Sue said...

Hey there...I've been reading your blog for a while and figured I'd post a comment, as I've finally started one of my own. I really enjoy your stories--I can't tell you how many times I've laughed out loud in my office at work while reading your stuff. I'm sure my co-workers think I'm nuts. :) Hang in there--your new adventures are bound to be exciting; changes always are. I'm at a sort of crossroads in life myself, so I can imagine a bit of what you're feeling. I admire your positivity!

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Fe-lady said...

You can do this....it's a part of your life you will someday look back on and relish, if you can believe it....get some silicons ear plugs. It may help you sleep at nite!
Hang in there and keep smiling at strangers.
They will turn into something more....

 
At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi all!. Alone on Valentine's Day? Adult Chat & Love Try to find partner in your area!
for fun

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous free adult xxx animal stories said...

I moaned, louder and louder, as I felt hisfingers go inside me. For a long minute, neither said a word, then Alice said, Johnpractically raped me, Bill.
boy rape stories
chemcial tg stories nifty boarding-with-jim archieve
men and animal sex stories
college gay teen sex stories
hogtied bondage stories
I moaned, louder and louder, as I felt hisfingers go inside me. For a long minute, neither said a word, then Alice said, Johnpractically raped me, Bill.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger chenlina said...

michael kors
uggs outlet
jordan
polo shirts
nike air max
asics running shoes
jordan shoes
ugg outlet
ray ban
cheap ray bans
chenlina20180314

 
At 2:38 AM, Anonymous Cara Mengobati Jamur Mulut said...


Continue to Perbiki his blog to get a good blog !!

Cara Mengobati Penyakit Gula Darah
Cara Mengobati Telinga Berair
Pengobatan Epilepsi Dengan Bahan Alami
Cara Mengobati Rematik
Pengobatan Berbagai Macam Luka Sampai Tuntas
Pengobatan Penyakit Kanker Payudara Tanpa Operasi

 
At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Cara Mengobati Sakit Gigi dan Gusi Bengkak said...


It is great to have visited your website. Thanks for sharing useful information. And also visit my website about health. God willing it will be useful too

Pengobatan Alami Hernia (Turun Berok)
Obat Penambah Daya Ingat dan Konsentrasi
Cara Mengobati Amenore

 

Post a Comment

<< Home